Photo Contest - This Is Where I Live (8/3-8/9)

In summary, the "Photo Contest - This Is Where I Live" is a competition where participants can submit photos of their hometown or place of residence. It will take place from August 3rd to August 9th, and the rules include submitting original photos and following the theme. The winner will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their photo, and the prize may vary but could include a cash prize or recognition on social media.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This Is Where I Live

The theme this week is all about where you live. Your photo may reflect your area, your neighborhood, your village, your city, your state, or the country you live in.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Physics news on Phys.org
Blackhawk's Stanley Cup rally. I think you know where![Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is that?

epenguin said:
Where is that?

Chicago, Michigan Ave.

Another Chicagoan here. Cruising on the south branch of the Chicago river at sunset.

IMG_9098_zps9bee2ce3-1.jpg

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Another Chicagoan here. Cruising on the south branch of the Chicago river at sunset.

And here I thought you lived in a lab. Go figure.

I live in a log house out in the woods. Nothing fancy, but I don't like fancy.

all_tilled.jpg

Likes fireflies
rwjghe.jpg

OK so I don't really live there but at least someone lives there which is more than it looks for some submissions. :biggrin:

Last edited:
epenguin said:
OK so I don't really live there but at least someone lives there which is more than it looks for some submissions. :biggrin:
So Zz really does live in a lab? :uhh:

Long Island, NY
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1376007034.665622.jpg

The original photo is bigger. How do I edit? Maybe I missed a setting.

ChristinaJ said:
The original photo is bigger. How do I edit? Maybe I missed a setting.

Contest Rules said:
3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

Many photo hosting servers will give you a direct link to your photos. Use that url, and then enclosed that link with [.img]http:... [./img] (without the period) in your post.

You have less than 1 day to correct the submission.

Zz.

Reflections of LI

ZapperZ, Thank you.

Reflections.jpg

What is the "Photo Contest - This Is Where I Live" about?

The "Photo Contest - This Is Where I Live" is a competition where participants can submit their best photos showcasing their hometown or place of residence.

When does the photo contest take place?

The photo contest will run from August 3rd to August 9th.

What are the rules for the photo contest?

The rules for the photo contest include submitting only original photos, adhering to the theme of "This Is Where I Live," and following any specific guidelines provided by the contest organizer. Participants must also have the rights to the photo they submit.

How will the winner be selected?

The winner will be selected based on the quality, creativity, and relevance of their photo to the theme. A panel of judges will evaluate all submissions and select the winner.

What is the prize for the winner of the photo contest?

The prize for the winner of the photo contest may vary, but it could include a cash prize, recognition on social media or a website, or a gift related to the theme of the contest.