PF PHOTO CONTEST - Wheels (June 7-13)

In summary, the PF PHOTO CONTEST for the week of June 7-13 is focused on the theme of "Wheels." Participants are encouraged to submit original photos showcasing different types of wheels, such as those found on vehicles, bicycles, or even household items. The contest is open to all photographers, and the winning photo will be featured on the PF website and social media pages. Entries must be submitted by June 13 and will be judged based on creativity, composition, and overall impact. This is a great opportunity for photographers to showcase their skills and potentially gain recognition for their work.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Wheels
Wheels are the theme this week. Sorry it's late.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Ideas for competitions you'd like to see? Submit them here

Physics news on Phys.org
The Sun Wheel at Disney's California Adventure.

img2972.jpg

Zz.

Any more? Still not decided what I'm entering.

I found this kid rolling a wooden wheel around attached to a stick

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/246/p9031294.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
junglebeast said:

[/URL]

That is a great picture. It is worth a thousand words.

edward said:
That is a great picture. It is worth a thousand words.

Great picture, but a thousand words?

JasonRox said:
Great picture, but a thousand words?

Yep.

American kids are spolied. This kid made something out of nothing. That is unless junglebeast is photoshopping again.

junglebeast said:

[/URL]

i must be blind, what wheel?

edward said:
Yep.

American kids are spolied. This kid made something out of nothing. That is unless junglebeast is photoshopping again.

So it takes a thousand words to describe such a simple great thing?

I disagree.

When contrasting it with American kids, then probably. However, I wouldn't describe it using American kids. It's great in its own right regardless of what's going on in America or some American kids life.

I wonder where he got the pic though.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4954/wheelm.jpg
zz's image (dot) my image = 0

Hmm virtually no wheels in my collection, dominated by animals, landscapes and nature. However, don't you have those flash backs to the opposite seasons?

Winter Wheels

2ecoksi.jpg

I'm not sure if this picture is "wheel" enough, but there certainly are plenty of wheels in the picture.

IMG_2302-1.jpg

Hmmmm.

DSC00359.jpg

marcin_wheels.jpg

wheel.jpg

Hull fair packing up and leaving. I was hoping to catch them a bit earlier on with more of the big wheel still up.

Here's my old set of wheels. '85 FX Wide Glide with steep cams, headwork by Dave Perewitz, low-restriction breather, exhaust, and fuel system, and an S&S Super E racing carb lovingly tuned (by moi, with numerous kitchen-table tear-downs). That bike would kick some butt! The paint-job was a one-off by a local shooter. My wife loved that bike, but her back started giving her trouble, so I (reluctantly!) sold it off and bought a Road King, only to find out that with a huge comfy bagger, her back was still bothering. She visited an orthopedic doc and he decided she needed a lift in her left shoe. Her back problem went away, but I had already lost my sweet Wide Glide.

FXWG=Cruiser heaven.

wg04cont.jpg

Where is Scorpa? She always loved this machine and would be good for one "pity-vote". :tongue:

Last edited:
marzena_wheels.jpg

A torture wheel in Salzburg, Austria. No, they don't use it anymore.

torturewheel5cgl.jpg

JasonRox said:
I wonder where he got the pic though.

Jason, have you never heard the expression, "a picture is worth 1000 words?" It's not literal...

Anyway, I took this during my one month expedition into Uganda last year. I was volunteering at a medical clinic on Mt.Elgon and we had to walk up this very muddy path every morning.

junglebeast said:
Jason, have you never heard the expression, "a picture is worth 1000 words?" It's not literal...

Anyway, I took this during my one month expedition into Uganda last year. I was volunteering at a medical clinic on Mt.Elgon and we had to walk up this very muddy path every morning.

Great picture, I love it and the boy's expression.

1. What is the theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST for June 7-13?

The theme for this week's PF PHOTO CONTEST is "Wheels". We are looking for photos that highlight any type of wheels, such as bicycles, cars, trains, etc.

2. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo for the PF PHOTO CONTEST, simply post it on your public Instagram account with the hashtag #PFWheelsContest. Make sure to also follow our Instagram page @pf_photo_contest.

3. Can I submit more than one photo for the contest?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos for the contest. However, please note that only one of your photos can be chosen as the winner, so make sure to choose your best shot.

4. Who will be judging the contest?

The contest will be judged by a panel of experienced photographers and scientists. They will be looking for photos that not only capture the theme of "Wheels" but also showcase creativity and technical skill.

5. When will the winner be announced?

The winner of the PF PHOTO CONTEST will be announced on our Instagram page on June 15th. We will also reach out to the winner directly through Instagram to arrange for the prize to be sent to them.