Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, Evo is starting a club where people can post cards to each other. If you want to join, post here. If you want to exchange postcards with someone, send them your snail-mail address by PM. You will get the return address through the same channel. Send a postcard. Wait. When you get the card, post here.
Borek
Mentor
That's what happens on chat - someone wants to get a postcard and you decide to start a club.

Rules are simple: if you want to take part, post here so that we all know you want to join. If you want to exchange postcard with someone, send her/him your snail-mail address by PM. You will get the return address through the same channel. Send a postcard. Wait. When you get the card - post here.

Please don't post your snail-mail addresses here.

Note to all interested: I am not treating this post as the final version, very likely these 'rules' will need some refining. However, in 30 minutes I won't be able to edit the post, thus we have to rely on good will of Mentors to do so.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

:rofl:

I'm excited. I already bought some postcards. But I might send some I painted myself if I can find them.

You feeling lonely over there in Poland Borek?

Pest control, do you read me?

So far I have been sent addresses by three people. Will have to go for postcard hunting this week. As I wrote on chat - the only place in Warsaw where they can be still bought without problems is the Old Town. So Old Town, here I come!

I know the hotel near here has a gift shop that sells post cards. I need to get by there. I wonder if the card store has any. MIH, where did you go to get cards?

I have to get Kia to turn some pics into posts cards.

Evo said:
.. where did you go to get cards?

Some ideas.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1306/is_n4_v62/ai_18180882
http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/mac/PostCard-Review-25384.shtml

Meanwhile I have started a little database containing six names for now for who are on my Xmas-card / birthday list and otherwise. You know who. Stamps aren't that expensive. Keep the address pm's coming

Evo said:
I know the hotel near here has a gift shop that sells post cards. I need to get by there. I wonder if the card store has any. MIH, where did you go to get cards?

I live in such a touristy place that every drugstore has them.

Why don't you paint/draw us some, Evo? I am cheaping out on yours and just writing everything on a stamped avocado (stolen from my neighbors, of course). :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I live in such a touristy place that every drugstore has them.
KC is not exactly a place for tourists. Lost and stranded travelers, yes, but those usually don't stop to buy post cards, they just want out.

Why don't you paint/draw us some, Evo?
I used to do that.

I am cheaping out on yours and just writing everything on a stamped avocado (stolen from my neighbors, of course). :smile:
:rofl:

Out of curiosity I have entered all addresses that you have sent me into Google Earth. Wow. It works. You can even tell who has a black car :wink:

no no Borek! Spying is not allowed here :grumpy: Besides, my car is red, just like the car across your street, slightly to the left.

Last edited:
You can watch storks on my sky using your radars, and I can't make sociological observations with Google Earth? That's not fair.

If you have seen my street you have seen my old white car. It is barely visible, because the road is very bright, but it is there.

*closes drapes*

:rofl: The black car's mine, but it's only black on the top sides...silverish on the sides.

The big field in back is being developed - lots of houses are going to be built there :mad: . But the good news - the area directly over the fence is going to be a park :smile: .

Borek said:
You can watch storks on my sky using your radars, and I can't make sociological observations with Google Earth? That's not fair.

Isn't it true, Andre, you can tell what flavor gum Borek is chewing :wink: ?

Well i am ex directory, so i am sorry you will not be able to see my place.

If you have seen my place - that's an old picture, there are lots of new houses around :frown: And they didn't stop to build them. Luckily area to the north (behind the drain) is untouched so far.

Last edited:
Evo said:
KC is not exactly a place for tourists...

There is one exception, in spring time, the storm chasers, http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=45 for instance.

But I could imagine a better reason for attention to the area.

LisaB said:
Isn't it true, Andre, you can tell what flavor gum Borek is chewing

Tough call Lisa, there is this particular pink pixel. Probably strawberry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey......where did all my post cards go!?

lisab said:
:rofl: The black car's mine

Do you remember story about the Jewish boy saved by my grandparents? He lives 25 miles from you in Magnolia Bluff :smile:

Borek said:
Do you remember story about the Jewish boy saved by my grandparents? He lives 25 miles from you in Magnolia Bluff :smile:

Wow...isn't it a small world, really?

Cyrus said:
Hey......where did all my post cards go!?

I know...WTF, mate?

I'd like to be in the postcard club :) I travel frequently, and I've actually got some post cards saved up.

Can I use my neighbors address his house is nicer than mine and he drives a Lincoln pick up truck. :smile:

FYI - was just on the USPS website and it said it's 94 cents to send a postcard from the States to Germany, Poland, or Wollyland.

also.. MK, send me your address and I'll send you a postcard.

Math Is Hard said:
FYI - was just on the USPS website and it said it's 94 cents to send a postcard from the States to Germany, Poland, or Wollyland.

also.. MK, send me your address and I'll send you a postcard.
Oh duh, thanks for reminding me MIH. I would have used normal postcard postage. :redface:

I still need to buy postcards. I think my office is actually on tourist postcards. It was supposed to look like the main Harvard campus, instead it looks like a prison, just add some guard towers and barbed wire. The architectural firm that won the contract builds prisons, go figure.

Evo said:
I think my office is actually on tourist postcards. It was supposed to look like the main Harvard campus, instead it looks like a prison, just add some guard towers and barbed wire. The architectural firm that won the contract builds prisons, go figure.

:rofl: That would explain why they locked you in during the storms. :uhh:

This sounds cool, but I'm not going to delude myself or anyone else into thinking I'd get to the post office for proper postage on a postcard any time this lifetime. I still have birthday presents on my coffee table that were supposed to be mailed out in May. (I take after my aunt, who would usually get around to delivering birthday presents by Christmas...not too bad for my October birthday, but a tad late for my sister's July birthday.)

Moonbear said:
This sounds cool, but I'm not going to delude myself or anyone else into thinking I'd get to the post office for proper postage on a postcard any time this lifetime. I still have birthday presents on my coffee table that were supposed to be mailed out in May. (I take after my aunt, who would usually get around to delivering birthday presents by Christmas...not too bad for my October birthday, but a tad late for my sister's July birthday.)
:rofl: Yes, this will probably be added to my long list of feelings of guilt. I will probably actually buy postcards. They will probably end up with all the other things I've bought for people knowing how much they would enjoy them and then never actually sent. I bought MIH a really adorable birthday card a couple of years ago. It's sitting on the table in the hallway. I see it almost every day and it makes me think of her. She'd love it. :redface:

I sent off a batch of postcards today. :)

Evo said:
I bought MIH a really adorable birthday card a couple of years ago. It's sitting on the table in the hallway. I see it almost every day and it makes me think of her. She'd love it. :redface:

Maybe you could take a picture of it? :smile:

I am planning an ambulation across some of the darkest land of Warwickshire, the dangers are untold, but i expect to have to navigate through gorse and brier, quagmires and foreboding woods, and may be brave rabid wild life, all in the hope of getting a photograph that would be worthy of using as a post card to send to esteemed friends.

Evo said:
I will probably actually buy postcards. They will probably end up with all the other things I've bought for people knowing how much they would enjoy them and then never actually sent.

I am at a post office at least twice a week. Chemical software is sold just through downloads, so that's not a problem, by dyslexia therapy programs are on CD and I have to deliver them somehow. If not for that I will probably end at the same stage.

I have not bought postcards yet - I have been at the post office yesterday and they have just some bunnies and birthday wishes; I want something Warsaw related.

Finally, I wonder how long it will take for postcards to reach destination. Those sent by air mail are getting cross the Atlantic pretty fast, but those sent cheap must be delivered by row boats. I have seen them traveling for 6 weeks.

wolram said:
I am planning an ambulation across some of the darkest land of Warwickshire, the dangers are untold, but i expect to have to navigate through gorse and brier, quagmires and foreboding woods, and may be brave rabid wild life, all in the hope of getting a photograph that would be worthy of using as a post card to send to esteemed friends.

How admirable, Wolram,

Meanwhile five cards on their way.