Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pf postcard club

1. Oct 5, 2008 #1

Borek

Staff: Mentor

That's what happens on chat - someone wants to get a postcard and you decide to start a club.

Rules are simple: if you want to take part, post here so that we all know you want to join. If you want to exchange postcard with someone, send her/him your snail-mail address by PM. You will get the return address through the same channel. Send a postcard. Wait. When you get the card - post here.

Please don't post your snail-mail addresses here.

Note to all interested: I am not treating this post as the final version, very likely these 'rules' will need some refining. However, in 30 minutes I won't be able to edit the post, thus we have to rely on good will of Mentors to do so.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2008 #2

Borek

:rofl:

4. Oct 5, 2008 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm excited. I already bought some postcards. But I might send some I painted myself if I can find them.

5. Oct 5, 2008 #4
    You feeling lonely over there in Poland Borek?

6. Oct 6, 2008 #5

Borek

Pest control, do you read me?

So far I have been sent addresses by three people. Will have to go for postcard hunting this week. As I wrote on chat - the only place in Warsaw where they can be still bought without problems is the Old Town. So Old Town, here I come!

7. Oct 6, 2008 #6

Evo

I know the hotel near here has a gift shop that sells post cards. I need to get by there. I wonder if the card store has any. MIH, where did you go to get cards?

8. Oct 6, 2008 #7

wolram

Gold Member

I have to get Kia to turn some pics into posts cards.

9. Oct 6, 2008 #8
  10. Oct 6, 2008 #9
    Meanwhile I have started a little database containing six names for now for who are on my Xmas-card / birthday list and otherwise. You know who. Stamps aren't that expensive. Keep the address pm's coming

11. Oct 6, 2008 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I live in such a touristy place that every drugstore has them.

Why don't you paint/draw us some, Evo? I am cheaping out on yours and just writing everything on a stamped avocado (stolen from my neighbors, of course). :smile:

12. Oct 6, 2008 #11

Evo

KC is not exactly a place for tourists. Lost and stranded travelers, yes, but those usually don't stop to buy post cards, they just want out.

I used to do that.

:rofl:

13. Oct 6, 2008 #12

Borek

Out of curiosity I have entered all addresses that you have sent me into Google Earth. Wow. It works. You can even tell who has a black car :wink:

14. Oct 6, 2008 #13
    no no Borek! Spying is not allowed here :grumpy: Besides, my car is red, just like the car across your street, slightly to the left.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  15. Oct 6, 2008 #14

Borek

You can watch storks on my sky using your radars, and I can't make sociological observations with Google Earth? That's not fair.

If you have seen my street you have seen my old white car. It is barely visible, because the road is very bright, but it is there.

16. Oct 6, 2008 #15

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*closes drapes*

17. Oct 6, 2008 #16

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: The black car's mine, but it's only black on the top sides...silverish on the sides.

The big field in back is being developed - lots of houses are going to be built there :mad: . But the good news - the area directly over the fence is going to be a park :smile: .

18. Oct 6, 2008 #17

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Isn't it true, Andre, you can tell what flavor gum Borek is chewing :wink: ?

19. Oct 6, 2008 #18

wolram

Gold Member

Well i am ex directory, so i am sorry you will not be able to see my place.

20. Oct 6, 2008 #19

Borek

If you have seen my place - that's an old picture, there are lots of new houses around :frown: And they didn't stop to build them. Luckily area to the north (behind the drain) is untouched so far.

21. Oct 6, 2008 #20
    There is one exception, in spring time, the storm chasers, this gang for instance.

But I could imagine a better reason for attention to the area.

Tough call Lisa, there is this particular pink pixel. Probably strawberry.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?