Want to Join Our Postcard Club? Here's How!

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, Evo is starting a club where people can post cards to each other. If you want to join, post here. If you want to exchange postcards with someone, send them your snail-mail address by PM. You will get the return address through the same channel. Send a postcard. Wait. When you get the card, post here.
If not for the fact that I have to be at post office each week I would not dare as well. But I have no choice, internet orders are important part of my income.

Physics news on Phys.org
Post card from Borek arrived today. Thank you Borek! i'll send yours soon. :smile:

Got your card, ~christina~! Very cute drawing, thank you!

Postcard from Kurdt here! Pretty fast :wink: - he sent it on Monday.

I tried my very best cursive writing so I hope you can read it. :tongue2:

No problems with reading :smile:

Kurdt said:
I tried my very best cursive writing so I hope you can read it. :tongue2:

Wait..why didn't I get cursive? :grumpy:

No but nobody started a thread on it before I sent yours. :tongue:

I need your help again Tinaaa. I'll mail you.

~christina~ said:
Wait..why didn't I get cursive? :grumpy:

At least you got a card. :frown:

Math Is Hard said:
At least you got a card. :frown:

You never asked :tongue2:

Borek, your card came! Thanks so much for it.

Good :smile:

Did you know first full week of May is a National Postcard Week in US and UK?

As I read it is a good occasion to make your own postcards and to mail them to whomever you want. Not sure if those living outside are permitted to take part :wink:

Borek said:
Did you know first full week of May is a National Postcard Week in US and UK?

As I read it is a good occasion to make your own postcards and to mail them to whomever you want. Not sure if those living outside are permitted to take part :wink:

Have I received your card you sent in December?

I've forgotten.

Anyways, make sure if you are making postcards that you use a good cardstock grade paper. At least 110 pounds. Many companies are preying on people who don't know paper grades and will tell you that their 24 pound paper is 60 pound paper.

24 pound paper is a bit rougher than toilet paper, but is about as useless in the postal environment.

Or if you want to be really cool, use wallpaper stock, like Wollie. :wink:

OmCheeto said:
Have I received your card you sent in December?

Not sure. Someone reported getting my card on chat, but I can't remember who did it.

That's why I always asked to report received postcards in the thread.

Got some more information:

Guidelines:
1. National Post Card Week and the date May 3-9, 2009 must be on the postcard, preferably on the front. 2009 is the 26th NPCW.
2. Your name or the club and mailing address should be on the pc, preferably on the front, I usually put mine on the back but this year trying to fit it on the front. It need not be large, just readable
3. Minimum size 3-1/2x5-1/2 inches - postal regulations
4. Maximum 4-1/4x6 inches anything over is $.41 postage(postage rate may change on First of May)
5. Minimum thickness is 90# card stock. Most use 110 card stock unless having printed by a printing company.
6. All postcards printed should be of the same design. You can make more than one design, and send them all. This would be considered one trade.
7. A minimum of 100 copies is recommended to give traders a chance to receive a copy.
8. To give card an extra worth, numbering them is an excellent idea. /100 on the back is okay.
9. Be sure to sign your name somewhere. A first name is okay, especially if it is odd like mine.:)
10. All NPCW week postcards should be mailed during NPCW week, especially those that are stamped. If you are signed up on more than one group, you need only send to the same person once. Have fun! Demaris

If you are finished early or even late. You should send your postcard/postcards to the magazine:
Barr's Postcard News,
PO Box 720,
Vinton, IA 52349-0720
be sure to put National Post Card Week on the envelope. You should include if you will trade or charge a fee. They usual fee is $1 or $2 for a set but you can set your own price. I usually just trade mine. They will publish as many as they can and add them to their website. If you are not already a subscriber, you should consider obtaining this lovely bi-monthly magazine.

You should also mail your postcard/postcards to:

Lin Collette
NPCW list
PO Box 2666
Providence RI 02906 USA

She will be publishing the printed directory of those NPCW postcards made.

Demaris Swint
PO Box 703
Pharr TX 78577 USA

To be included on the website. www.npcw.multiply.com[/URL] There are currently over 4000 postcards displayed.

You should receive a NPCW postcards from all three places in return.[/quote]

Just in case someone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to send some post cards to Wollie:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=311544

Last edited by a moderator:
1, 2, 3
Wollie in the need
4, 5, 6
needs a postcard fix
7, 8, 9, 10
send one if you can!

Okey doke. Bright and early in the morning.

Thanks for the postcard, Borek and Marzena! I choose Merry Christmas but any greeting will do :smile:.

Thank you for the Christmas postcard Borek =)

Wesołych Świąt! (= merry christmas in Polski apparently )

there is nothing better than being a member of the Pf postcard club.

you get free stamps :wink:

I didn't realize we had to send christmas ones too :cry:

I feel bad now.

lisab said:
Thanks for the postcard, Borek and Marzena! I choose Merry Christmas but any greeting will do :smile:.

:smile:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2493159&postcount=10

mollymae said:
Thank you for the Christmas postcard Borek =)

LOL, so you were good to Lisa :smile:

OmCheeto said:
Wesołych Świąt! (= merry christmas in Polski apparently )

Not exactly, more likey Merry Holiday - it will work for Easter as well. Christmas is Boże Narodzenie :smile:

Kurdt said:
I feel bad now.

No no, we told you: you have to feel better. That's the idea. You felt bad long enough.

Borek said:
No no, we told you: you have to feel better. That's the idea. You felt bad long enough.

I concur with Borek. Just focus on getting better Kurdt. (that's better than any postcard)

sidenote: I sent my holiday cards out to everyone. They will probably get to everyone a bit late though as I just sent them at the beginning of the week. :frown:

~christina~ said:
sidenote: I sent my holiday cards out to everyone. They will probably get to everyone a bit late though as I just sent them at the beginning of the week. :frown:

Lovely card, Christina.
santa3.gif
santa2.gif
Thanks.

Andre said:
Lovely card, Christina.
santa3.gif
santa2.gif
Thanks.

Yay, it arrived prior to Christmas! Glad you liked it Andre. :biggrin:

Either some of my cards get lost in transit, or they are still making their way through the snow drift.

Same with some of mine apparently, Borek

Thanks for the nice card, Andre. I like the cute penguins!

We've got Andre's card as well :smile:

Borek said:
We've got Andre's card as well :smile:

I did too - thanks, Andre!

Haha, the pic on the postcard made me laugh - thanks, Borek :cool:!

That was the idea :smile:

Thanks Borek.