Troubleshooting Buttons Not Working in Firefox 1.0.4

In summary, The conversation is about a problem with buttons not working on a web page when using Firefox 1.0.4. One person suggests it may be an issue with their ISP, while another suggests enabling javascript or switching to a different browser. The issue is eventually resolved by reinstalling Firefox.
mattmns
It probably is my isp actually, some sites have acted very strange lately. Note: I am using firefox 1.0.4. What I am trying to do is press the button/s to close some sections.

These buttons, in this picture:

http://img193.echo.cx/img193/6460/pfprob6er.png

But I am just being taking to the top of the page. Is there a way around this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Sounds like your web browser has some problems with the scripts running on the page. Same thing happens on my laptop, I can't do anything in the advanced reply page.

Hmmm,it seems to work with mine,even though the "#top" is there...

Ever considered switching back to IE ...?:devil:

Daniel.

Make sure javascript is enabled.

Switch to IE, are you insane? :smile:

I have javascript enabled, and I enabled everything within it, but nothing.

It is definitely a javascript issue. I don't know why it isn't executing. Delete your profile and try again. If that doesn't work take a look at the javascript console and see if there are any error messages. If all else fails reinstall firefox.

There are a ton of errors! The one for what I am talking about says "toggle_collapse is undefined"

I will reinstall fx

Cool, it is working now, thanks!

Last edited:

1. Why aren't my buttons working in Firefox 1.0.4?

There could be several reasons why the buttons are not working in Firefox 1.0.4. It could be due to a compatibility issue with the version of Firefox you are using, a bug in the code, or a conflict with other extensions or plugins.

2. How can I troubleshoot the issue?

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try disabling any other extensions or plugins that may be causing a conflict. You can also try updating to a newer version of Firefox or checking for any available updates for the extension that contains the buttons.

3. Can I fix the problem without updating to a newer version of Firefox?

Yes, you may be able to fix the problem without updating to a newer version of Firefox. You can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, as well as restarting your browser. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the developer of the extension for further assistance.

4. Is there a specific code fix for this issue?

The code fix for this issue will depend on the specific cause. If the issue is due to a compatibility issue with the version of Firefox, the developer may need to update the code. If it is a bug, the developer will need to fix it in a newer version of the extension. It is best to consult with the developer for the most appropriate code fix.

5. Are there any known workarounds for this problem?

There may be some workarounds available, such as using a different browser or using a different version of the extension. However, these workarounds may not always be effective and are not a permanent solution. It is best to address the issue directly by troubleshooting or contacting the developer for assistance.