Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Complaint PF Profile Deletion

1. Jun 26, 2012 #1
    Hello,

I want to delete my profile. I have scanned all of the obvious places for the delete button, but I can not find one. How do I delete my profile or, at the very least, remove my email address from PF's mailing list?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

When do you get e-mails from the PF? Are they about replies to threads that you've subscribed to? You can remove your subscriptions from within your Profile page.

4. Jun 26, 2012 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Or if you just stop logging in, then eventually you'll stop getting mails.
    If you want to stop getting mail now, then you can unsubscribe like Berkeman suggests.

5. Jun 26, 2012 #4
    I get them infrequently. I have unsubscribed from all the threads. It would really do my psyche some good if you would delete this account, berkeman.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

6. Jun 26, 2012 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I found this was enabled in your Profile page:

Turn that off in your profile, and you should be good to go. You already have:

7. Jun 26, 2012 #6
    Not in my case. I finally logged in today and the box in the upper-right corner said "You last visited: Oct23-10 at 09:08 PM" which I think qualifies as eventually.

8. Jun 26, 2012 #7
    Thanks everyone!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook