Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Promotion Extravaganza

1. May 27, 2005 #1
    I'm giving away TWO premium membership subscriptions to those PF members who have PF linked on their website. All you have to do to enter is paste your website link where you have PF linked and I'll add you to the punch bowl drawing! Submissions due by Sunday!

Link Code

2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2005 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. May 27, 2005 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Cool! I never knew that you had that. Am I gonna have to sue that Danger-Smith character for impersonation?

I don't have a website, so I'll just have to keep sucking up to Evo. (Not that I mind that at all.)

5. May 27, 2005 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

6. May 27, 2005 #5

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh! I never linked Danger with Danger-Smith before. Anyway, I knew he was Danger before I knew you were Danger, but you're probably about 80 years older than he is, so you might have grounds for legal action...

7. May 28, 2005 #6
    Physics Forums has had a major link on my webpage for over three years - promotions or none! Just scroll down...

8. May 28, 2005 #7

Danger

Gold Member

:grumpy: Why do I still like you? :tongue:

9. May 28, 2005 #8

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Envy? I dunno.

10. May 28, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, when you're done picking two out of the three entries, just be sure to wash out the punch bowl well before we put it to its proper use! :biggrin:

11. May 28, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

I deserve the premium membership because I...what? oh, we're not doing one of those, oh SORRY PEOPLE!

12. May 28, 2005 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

I'm so stupid, I just figured out that the reason I can't type small text is because I ahve my text setting on "largest" I see the small text now!

13. May 28, 2005 #12
    I have had a website with links to pf for ages. In fact, half of my website is devoted to photoshopped nudes of the pictures of pf members :smile:

14. May 28, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

Oh god! don't show them! :yuck:

15. May 28, 2005 #14

jma2001

Gold Member

I have PF linked from my blog, does that count?

http://www.quantumhobby.net

Actually, you don't need to enter me in the drawing as I was planning to purchase a membership anyway. The promotion is a good idea but you should consider extending it out a week, and advertising it with stickies in General Physics and Homework Help. I suspect that many PFers never visit the feedback section.

16. May 28, 2005 #15

JamesU

Gold Member

then too many people would enter and I would have less of a chance :biggrin: and I submitted a blog, so I'm pretty sure it counts

17. May 28, 2005 #16

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Come on then Greg! It's Sunday! I hope you've polished your punch bowl, I'm ready to start parading round with my new orange name!

18. May 28, 2005 #17

graphic7

Gold Member

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  19. May 29, 2005 #18
    well... its just a blog site, and its not even like a "link" cause i'm really bad with that stuff.. and i dunno how.

http://www.myspace.com/abbymw

under interests i think. i also have pf mentioned on my facebook, and on memetika. i dunno if these blog things count either... and maybe i'm late too... so whatever... but ya...

20. May 30, 2005 #19
    Well, I have kept links to the PF for a long time, but I don't care if the 'deadline' is over. Check here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=55580, I've put the link much earlier :tongue:

Btw, anyone who would like to have dynamic links to the latest PF posts can copy and paste to their sites this piece of html code:

Code (Text):

<script src="https://www.physicsforums.com/external.php?type=js&forumids=20,114,111,88,14,21" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.writeln("<table cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"4\" width=\"100%\">");
    for(var i=0; i<19; i++)
    {
        if(i < 9)
            document.writeln("<tr><td style=\"border-bottom: 1px solid #B4C1CD\">");
        else
            document.writeln("<tr><td>");
        document.writeln("<small><a href=\"https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t="+threads[i].threadid+"\">"+threads[i].title+"</a></small></td></tr>");
    }
    document.writeln("</table>");
    </script>

21. May 30, 2005 #20
    Maybe Mr Greg should also base the judgement on the number of referrals of the candidates. I have suggested this web site to four new members.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?