PF Promotion: Thanks Kurdt and Welcome Micromass

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Kurdt has retired from his role as PF Mentor after almost 3 years of dedicated service. He will now be enjoying the luxurious amenities of the PF retirement home. Micromass has been promoted to PF Mentor and is a well-deserved candidate due to his dedication to the community. Congratulations and welcome to the team, Micromass! Everyone expresses their gratitude and well wishes to Kurdt and excitement for Micromass. There is also some playful banter and jokes among the members.
Thanks, Kurdt, for your help and good mentoring! Good luck.

And congratulations, Micromass!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for your amazing work as a mentor Kurdt !
Congratulations Micromass for being promoted to mentor ! :smile:

I think there is one more member who deserve to be promoted to mentor - tiny-tim .

I also think that it would be better that members are promoted to mentors by voting. Correct me if I am being unreasonable.:redface:

sankalpmittal said:

I also think that it would be better that members are promoted to mentors by voting. Correct me if I am being unreasonable.:redface:

Being a mentor is a pretty big deal and has enormous implications on the quality of the forum. If the election process were left up the the average forum-goer, I fear it would be more of a popular vote, and that would not be good. Even though the mentors of PF are likable, sometimes the best person for the job isn't the most popular. :smile: This is evidenced by Micromass's recent appointment; I mean, really, who likes that guy?Totally kidding. Micro, you're freaken awesome. /wink

Last edited:
Dembadon said:
Being a mentor is a pretty big deal and has enormous implications on the quality of the forum. If the election process were left up the the average forum-goer, I fear it would be more of a popular vote, and that would not be good. Even though the mentors of PF are likable, sometimes the best person for the job isn't the most popular. :smile: This is evidenced by Micromass's recent appointment; I mean, really, who likes that guy?By the way, Micro, you're freaken awesome. /wink

Huh? What's a micromass?

I agree. /wink

Thanks, Kurdt! :)
Congratulations to micro!

Dembadon said:
Being a mentor is a pretty big deal and has enormous implications on the quality of the forum. If the election process were left up the the average forum-goer, I fear it would be more of a popular vote, and that would not be good. Even though the mentors of PF are likable, sometimes the best person for the job isn't the most popular. :smile: This is evidenced by Micromass's recent appointment; I mean, really, who likes that guy?

Totally kidding. Micro, you're freaken awesome. /wink

This is why democracy doesn't work! PF is a meritocracy. That said, I feel really said now for missing this topic for so long. Congratulations Micromass!

Dembadon said:
I mean, really, who likes that guy?
I do. :tongue2:

Back