PF Promotion

Main Question or Discussion Point

PF Promotion!!

Cristo will be taking over where SpaceTiger has left off. ST has decided to concentrate on his studies and we wish him well! Congrats to Cristo on joining the PF Staff!

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulation's cristo, very well deserved :approve:

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations cristo! I bet you'll do a stellar job. :approve: :smile:

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Congrats, cristo!

I wish all the best to ST on his new endeavors.

Well you've helped me out a few times, and certainly done the leg work, congrats. :smile:

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Thanks all, and I would like to echo Astronuc and Greg in wishing ST all the best in his studies!

Congrats Cristo!

Evo
Mentor
WOO HOO!!!!!

Well deserved cristo!!!

Now where's my coffee?

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Congrats Cristo! Well-deserved indeed.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Thanks Mayday and Evo. (edit: and G01!)

Evo said:
Now where's my coffee?
It'll be on your desk in 5 minutes.. I've been running around with this mop all day, so now the bathrooms are clean I can start on the coffee making!

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It'll be on your desk in 5 minutes.. I've been running around with this mop all day, so now the bathrooms are clean I can start on the coffee making!
Make sure you wash your hands.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Welcome aboard, Cristo! I take a dark roasted coffee, in that extra large cup, two sugars and milk. :biggrin:

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Welcome aboard, Cristo! I take a dark roasted coffee, in that extra large cup, two sugars and milk. :biggrin:
Sure.. I'm just in the kitchen at the moment.. I'll be down to the labs in a few minutes!

~christina~
Gold Member
I've already congratulatated you but congrats again, cristo. :smile:

:rofl: apparently joining the mentor's group, comes with an order to serve as well.

I always wondered though, do you have to moderate a part of the forum to be a "Mentor."?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I always wondered though, do you have to moderate a part of the forum to be a "Mentor."?
It depends. Right now, we needed someone to moderate the Astro forums, so brought on cristo specifically because he's knowledgeable in that area. Sometimes we're just in need of a "floater" (that's what I do around here...my assignment shows up as feedback only because it was the only way to show floaters on the staff list), so promote someone who can be useful in a variety of places, but not any one in particular, just to help alleviate the burden on the other mentors (it doesn't take much physics knowledge to ban spammers :biggrin:).

Congrats cristo. I'll send you my list of people to start warning/ban shortly. It will be a pleasure doing business with you. :devil:

Danger
Gold Member
Congratulations, Cristo, and best wishes to Tiger.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats cristo. I'll send you my list of people to start warning/ban shortly. It will be a pleasure doing business with you. :devil:
Just as long as your deals with him don't cut into the chocolate earnings we've already agreed upon in your contract with the sisterhood. You know you don't want to cross the sisterhood. :devil:

Evo
Mentor
:rofl: apparently joining the mentor's group, comes with an order to serve as well.
Yes, he will get a large book titled "To serve Mentors".

cristo will be a mentor in Astronomy and Cosmology along with Janus.

Moonbear is special, she is what used to be called a "Super Mentor".

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I've already congratulatated you but congrats again, cristo. :smile:
Congratulations, Cristo, and best wishes to Tiger.
Thanks guys :smile: And yes, like the other mentors, I'm open to bribery :wink:
Yes, he will get a large book titled "To serve Mentors".
The postman's not going to enjoy delivering that!

Evo
Mentor
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Don't believe any of this "To Serve Mentors" business, cristo. It's a cookbook!!! Always keep your distance.

Poooooor Space Tiger. :cry:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats, Cristo. Enjoy the free chocolate!

Evo
Mentor
Don't believe any of this "To Serve Mentors" business, cristo. It's a cookbook!!! Always keep your distance.

Poooooor Space Tiger. :cry:
Heh, Ivan would get it. :approve: