PF Promotion

Main Question or Discussion Point

Please congratulate Hootenanny as the newest addition to the PF Staff! No introduction is needed nor an explanation of his efforts and dedication to the site over the past few years! :approve:

Also need to mention Moonbear is moving from roaming to Science Education. :smile:

Answers and Replies

turbo
Gold Member
Wooh, Hoot! Congrats!

Lisa!
Gold Member
Well deserved! Congrats, Hoot!:smile:

Evo
Mentor
Congratulations Hoot!!! on becoming mentor and congratulations Moonbear for getting a forum!!! Both very well deserved!

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations Hootenanny!

Your consistently high-quality work has always been very impressive.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats Hoot! Welcome to the fold! Here's your key to the cleaning closet.

Lisa!
Gold Member
We should have a party at Mooni's new home!:wink:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
w00t h00t!

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
We should have a party at Mooni's new home!:wink:
I have to say, it's nice to have my feet on firm ground, finally, after all those years of floating. :biggrin:

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well deserved Hoot. Congrats! :smile:

Borek
Mentor
Congrats H00t!

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks for the congratulations everyone, be gentle with me while I'm learning the ropes!

And congratulations to Moonbear for getting her own forum! Well deserved indeed.

Congratulations Hoot.

And congratulations MoonBear for knocking off that floating thing. Your constant hovering was getting a big unnerving. I'm glad you'll wander about like the rest of us, again. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Welcome aboard Hoot. It sounds like we have another ringer! :biggrin:

Also, I should say MB has always been a highly valued member of the staff. It is nice to have one's own forum, and congrats to MB on that one for sure, but just to be clear, floaters are often people who are just too good to let get away, even if we don't have an immediate need for a new moderator.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I called it! Right after the last mentor was promoted I said to myself- Hoot has to be at the top of the list for promotion!

Congrats man. It is a well deserved promotion. Keep up the great work.

(Now I have to figure out who will be promoted next. Maybe I should put money on it this time!:biggrin:)

Defennder
Homework Helper
Congrats, Hoot!

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hoot! Hoot!

Yes, congrats, Hoot!

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks again for the congratulations Guys! I've still not used the ban button yet though, where are all the crackpots when you need them? :frown:

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks again for the congratulations Guys! I've still not used the ban button yet though, where are all the crackpots when you need them? :frown:
:rofl: You should be glad you haven't used it. It means we have a wonderful site.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think Greg's got some really good spam detection in place now so there's not as many spammers to ban. It's a shame. Booting a spammer into oblivion is really satisfying.

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
:rofl: You should be glad you haven't used it. It means we have a wonderful site.
It would seem the crackpots disagree, since they are staying away lately. :tongue:

Anyway, congrats to Hootenanny. :smile:

What a great choice to Mentor. Way to go Hootenanny!

Well deserved. Congratulations, Hoot! :smile:

(I actually wanted to say "w00t! Hoot!")