Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Remember me : a problem

1. Nov 20, 2004 #1
    PF "Remember me": a problem

You dudes,
    just wanna know how the "remeber me" box in the top right of da page is working

In my room, when i log to PF it log me atuomatically, and i did that on my computer account in the Uni...
    The surprize is by chance i came accross a guy in the comp lap there on PF and i said to myself "Wow! PF creature out of the web!" i looked at the page and i saw my member account is logged in, i asked him to log Moses out...
    The way i find it was a mere chance this time, since that guy was sitting in my favourite com i use in the com lab....

I change my password in case...still wondering if it is safe to log to here via the public computers..[can somebody take your passwords via network?! or you saved passwords on your account will be saved on the same com and other account may use it?!

Yeah, i admit there is some stupid part from me in this thingy, i did not know exacltly waht it is, jsut curious to answer the Q's above by somebody.

I there is some seriuos issue goes on, may my experience wil be useful about this issue, i do not want somebdy to post thingy;s in my name..even they are "Nerdy" :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't set it to log in automatically unless you are the sole user of the computer, and remember to log out when you are done on a public computer, otherwise that's what happens, others can post using your account name.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?