Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Remote Viewing Test: Object Revealed Any Winner? P. 7

1. Box

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Ellipsoidal / Spherical

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Cylindrical / tubular

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Segmented

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Disk / Planar

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Opaque

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Clear

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Bright colors

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Dark colors

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  10. White

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Oct 26, 2003 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

PF Remote Viewing Test: Win a prize!

Zero had a great idea: Let's do our own "psi" experiments.

For starters, how about if we try some remote viewing?

I live right in the middle of Oregon. I have a large black bag with lime-green and white shipping peanuts inside [some are white, some are green]. Also inside is a mystery object. Focus on the bag and the peanuts; now what do you see in the bag sitting on the peanuts? I have left this sitting exactly as shown.

Please see the attached pic to see the black bag. The attachment should come up shortly.

I will give a PF T-shirt to the first person who can describe the object in the bag to my satisfaction. Here is a link to see the shirt and other PF favorites.

http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=physicsforum

EDIT: Oh yes, just in case, only one psychic viewing and answer per person. :wink: Also, please refrain from looking around my office.

I have sent a picture of this object to Greg who can later validate the results. Obviously Greg and anyone who sees the picture of this object can’t participate. I will announce the date of disclosure at a later time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2003 #2
    If I guess what's in the bag, I don't want a T-shirt. I want James Randi's million dollar prize.

4. Oct 27, 2003 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you get it dead on, by name, in an effort to match Randi's challenge, I will up the prize to a PF sweatshirt.

5. Oct 27, 2003 #4
    Its a DVD of Matrix Relaoded, we all know it is...

6. Oct 27, 2003 #5
    Did I win?

7. Oct 27, 2003 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's a duck.

- Warren

8. Oct 27, 2003 #7

Njorl

Science Advisor

It is one of a pair of Motorola T5820 2-Way Radios in Sunstreak yellow.

Njorl

9. Oct 27, 2003 #8
    Geez, give us a hard one! It's a Captain Zoom decoder ring from the 1950's in pristine condition.

10. Oct 27, 2003 #9
    a Barbie doll (from your Sister A.)

11. Oct 27, 2003 #10

megashawn

Science Advisor

It is a small box containing answers to all mans mysterys:

A piece of memory metal from Roswell.
    DNA samples of Bigfoot and Flying Rods
    Astrological evidence of Planet X
    A photo of John Titor and his time traveling machine entering the time vortex
    Exclusive proof (Via VHS cassete recording) of Hercules and Jesus duking it out to determine who the strongest half-god is.
    A map to Atlantis

And I also sense a copy of the matrix. However, I sense this is a pirated copy, and have alerted the RIAA via pyschic communication.

12. Oct 27, 2003 #11

FZ+

Ah... I am having some very... strong... vibrations...

The spirits are talking to me now... Hark! I sense it is small, yet not too small, and it has hidden meaning... spiritual meaning... I sense it is pink, but pink in the essence, perhaps it is wreathed in some other form... maybe... blue... no wait.. brown... or some other colour containing a vowel... I sense... a long history in front and behind it.... Some faces... strange faces...

Is it a brown teddy bear?

then... again... my abilities allow me to see only the spiritual essence of the object, what it wants to be... ah... I am drained, I must have spiritual recuperation with the dollars of my ancestors... forgive me.

Just give me the money!

13. Oct 27, 2003 #12
    Mega,

you forget to mention the crashed harddisk with the Bush-files.

14. Oct 27, 2003 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Question:
    Does a remote viewer collapse the wave function of the object in my black bag?

15. Oct 27, 2003 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What is the shape?

The answers must include a description if it is not obvious and conclusive.

16. Oct 27, 2003 #15
    Ivan, you put an object into the bag. It's there. Greg knows. If nobody guesses it's still there. If someone guessed correctly it's still there. Nothing changes. It's a 3D-reality object with 3D coordinates. The only real thing you can say IMO is that it has a specific vibration: a proper resonance. The poster that can capture that specific resonance get's the T-shirt. No QM magic. Just capturing. What superposition? None. The object didn't get an extra feature by putting it inside the bag.
    The only difference is YOUR knowledge and OUR ignorance. Superposition is only an artificial expression of un-understanding. A complicated way to say: I don't know. Is that scientific? No. In fact it's even stupid.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2003
  17. Oct 27, 2003 #16
    This smells like a clue. He demands specificity because...someone's close, but not close enough.

18. Oct 27, 2003 #17

LURCH

Science Advisor

It's a PF T-shirt! Is it a PF T-shirt?!

19. Oct 28, 2003 #18
    This is a scam...because I KNOW my psychic powers are strong!

20. Oct 28, 2003 #19
    And it is a star or sun shape with a hole in it.

21. Oct 29, 2003 #20
    Could it be a cat???

or Lurch could be right.... A bunch of Physics Forum Sweatshirts...ahhhh from what I can see (its a little foggy.....)maybe grey or white in color...

Sizes would range from small to XL....

Now my recepters my be off cuz it is raining here in OR and that tends to throw my powers a little off

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?