PF Remote Viewing Test: Object Revealed Any Winner? P. 7

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the black bag with the lime-green and white shipping peanuts inside contains a mystery object that Win a prize! if I guess what's in the bag, I don't want a T-shirt. I want James Randi's million dollar prize.

Check the options that best describe the dominant appearance of the object

• Box

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Ellipsoidal / Spherical

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Cylindrical / tubular

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Segmented

• Disk / Planar

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Opaque

• Clear

• Bright colors

• Dark colors

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • White

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is nothing in the bag except packing peanuts.

Physics news on Phys.org
its the PF sweat shirt or T shirt or another black bag

Last edited:
I sense an article of cloth, possibly a sheet or blanket. It seems to be lightly colored, possibly pink.

What sort of books are in that box?

Originally posted by THE MIND
This is all very nice. I like this thread.
It's all in the mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing a... flat, disk shaped object, as well as a sphere shaped object.

...er, how specific do I have to be?

Originally posted by yadda
I'm seeing a... flat, disk shaped object, as well as a sphere shaped object.

...er, how specific do I have to be?

As specific as possible. Obviously I am looking for one, or some, or many key features to describe the object...to my satisfaction.

Wait, the Earth is moving around the sun, right? And with a changing acceleration and stuff like that... How are we going to get the space-time coordinates to sense the object when everything is moving about? We could all be right, just looking at the wrong bag of peanuts.

Originally posted by FZ+
Wait, the Earth is moving around the sun, right? And with a changing acceleration and stuff like that... How are we going to get the space-time coordinates to sense the object when everything is moving about? We could all be right, just looking at the wrong bag of peanuts.

Really that's the funny part! I am sitting in a giant warehouse stacked to the rafters with millions of black bags filled with shipping peanuts. Didn't I mention that I warehouse shipping peanuts for a living.

You're joking, right?

Originally posted by Jonathan
You're joking, right?

You will have to ascertain the answer psychically.

Originally posted by PJ By the way there's a book from the 80's, "Deciphering the Senses", that postulated that a good % of what people call psychic is actually information gleaned from physiological senses. I think it was that book which suggested science has nailed down about 17 senses -- not just the 5 obvious ones we know -- and of the additional senses, we don't yet really know how much info can be transferred.
PJ
This is the effect I am worried about coming into play in this particular test. Since I have read, let's say, 200 of Ivan's posts since July when I joined, I know all kinds of things about the way he thinks, and chooses, tht I don't even realize I know. Along with that, he has written, and I have read many posts since the thing was put in the bag. He may have left all kinds of unconscious clues for someone like myself who has picked up masses of tiny bits of apparently meaningless information about him, to follow.

I have to disagree with Hypnagogue's notion that joking won't work, because it is very likely that the surge of humor behind cracking a joke, or the resultant relaxation, is going to be the thing to jog someone into suddenly putting all this information together such that the correct object pops into their head.

I don't even want to make a guess in jest, because if it were to turn out to be correct for the above reasons, it could be construed as "psi". The limits of the 17 physical sences we have aren't known, and, more importantly, neither are the limits of our mind's ability to put together an accurate picture from a few indirect indications.
So, since PJ has pointed out that there are some flaws in the set up, and since I think that under the circumstances humor is a likely to lead to a correct answer as seriousness, I hope people will be allowed to offer humorous reponses without fearing the wrath of Hypnagogue.

Can I make fun of PJ now?

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Can I make fun of PJ now?

No making fun now.

You are always nice though; all input is appreciated.

In fact, we have something to think about. PJ has offered to help set up two well constructed tests: One to be done by one or several remote viewers and judged by a select group from PF, and another ongoing test in which everyone can participate - again, done so as to meet the standard criteria for such things. These are not really an effort to prove or disprove anything, obviously we won't resolve any real questions here, but it could serve as a useful demonstration of good science as applied to the phenomenal [hopefully].

The biggest problem is how to judge the results. I will be posting some information to be considered later, and I am looking for people willing to participate. The key issue revolves around the claim psychic viewing yields information around, or related to the target, and not necessarily about the target itself. Judging becomes implicitly subjective as a result. PJ talks about this a bit in this thread.

Any comments about this so far are appreciated. This is going to take some work and some time. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Really that's the funny part! I am sitting in a giant warehouse stacked to the rafters with millions of black bags filled with shipping peanuts. Didn't I mention that I warehouse shipping peanuts for a living.

So, do I get the T-shirt for answering the question you did not ask?

a ha it must be other shipping peaunts

Mystery Object revealed!

The attachment will appear soon.

Attachments

• mystery object.jpg
    mystery object.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 448
Kewl

But how can you be certain it was never covered by an article of cloth, possibly a sheet or blanket colored light pink?

Maybe I could still be right?

Originally posted by BoulderHead
But how can you be certain it was never covered by an article of cloth, possibly a sheet or blanket colored light pink?

Maybe I could still be right?

No. . I stuck to the protocol; it still sits there as shown.

New contest:
What is the mystery object.

sorry; no prizes for this one.

The mystery object appears to be an usual glass tube with several things inside.

Nothing remotely like it popped into my head. I really thought Fz+ had probably come the closest.

Its a Physics forum T-shirt

A fruit juicer?

Big diode? Magnetron or similar? Though I do like FZ+ guess.

Originally posted by Jonathan
Magnetron or similar?

Similar in one sense...it’s an X-ray tube. This of course produces X-Rays due to electrons impacting the anode rather than by forcing curved paths as in a magnetron. You can see the rotating anode assembly - the disc and the long bearing/motor below. If you look closely you can see the pitting of the anode's surface. The brass cathode assembly is about 3/4" above the anode. The emissions window can also be seen etched into the glass adjacent to the cathode.

Last edited:
When I was in college, I heard a story about an ill equipped physics bachelor using an electrical Xformer [in a pinch] as a potato masher. I suppose this x-ray tube could be used as a juicer if put into the right hands...like those of FZ+.

Yeah... and just to think that in the wrong hands, someone might even think it would be useful in a xray machine!

Or even (suspenseful music; go down)...

A HIDDEN OBJECT FOR OTHERS TO TRY TO PSYCHICALLY SEE! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Scary, huh? What kind of sick, demented, twisted, sadistic mind would even think of doing THAT?!

(LOL, I think I'm quite funny )

Originally posted by Jonathan (LOL, I think I'm quite funny )

First rule of comedy: Never, never, never, laugh at your own jokes.

Last edited:
Oh! That explains a lot, but I will continue to do it anyway. LOL!
Does this mean you don't think it was funny?

Originally posted by Jonathan Does this mean you don't think it was funny?
It was funny until you congratulated yourself. The funniest people are always those who seem not to realize they're funny. But this is getting OT. Let me, therefore, say "X-ray" to get it back on topic.

Anyone who reads my threads might have guessed at something from my background in medical equipment..x-ray in particular. So in spite of the unusual choice of objects here, it was possible that we would get a slightly informed lucky guess. For example, were Zooby to run a test like this, I would have guessed that he had a human brain in the bag. I think I would have stood a good chance of winning.

You, or the person(s) or device used to package the object in a bag, are that object, (assuming that is, that it can be proven that there is a bag), if you were me. That object would be me. If you had sealed the bag shut and had not otherwise been provided with an atmosphere, you would also be dead. You are buying yourself a T-shirt. The object is yourself. Or myself. See Special Relativity.

I would rather have the million dollars. I could pay all of my bills and buy all of the T-shirts I needed, as well as hand out a free T-shirt to at least 1,000 people.

Last edited:
remote control for a mechanical system?

well my guess may be dumb or crazy, ingnorant, stupid, inferior or lazy, but a black platic bag is what I would use.

Damn. It's been so long that I've forgotten what I voted it to be. By my psychic powers tell me it's "Disk/Planar".

Ah, cool there was a thread for this and it was just hidden away. I should learn to search for things before posting about them. =]

I'm very interested in setting up a test, and I'm relatively new to this site, so no one knows me.

The thing I have a problem with though, is that only the person that creates the test could know whether or not there was corruption in the validity of the experiment. The harshest of skeptics would still say that RV isn't real, and the only way to prove it to them, is for them to set up the test themselves. So, what is the perfect test of RV to prove it to yourself?

Also, make sure that people are actually researching Remote Viewing and figuring out its complexities, Anyone that just reads the post for the test and does no research on the subject wouldn't know how much interference can affect whether you're able to see the target.

I think that to reduce the effect of knowing the person's tendencies, the next version of the RV test should involve the judge choosing an unnamed 3rd party to select the object.