1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Resident Academics

1. Oct 17, 2012 #1
    PF Resident Academics....

I'd like to gauge my chances, seeing as there doesn't seem to be a large amount of statistics concerning phD acceptance.
    I was wondering if you guys(or anyone extensively knowledgable on the subject) could give me some insight on the quality of students accepted into phD programs. If I graduated with a GPA of 3.5, with the physics GPA being around 3.4-3.6 from a top 20 LAC with 2-3 research experiences along with extensive programming skills(including a computer science minor). Would I have a good chance to get into a phD program in computational physics? I realize the GRE is not included, but I can't necessarily estimate my possible score. Also I'm not sure if this helps but I'm of Filipino ethnicity. Any information is appreciated. xD

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2012 #2
    Re: PF Resident Academics....

This website has the applicant profiles for acceptances and rejections to specific schools for the past 5 years.

http://www.physicsgre.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Have look at profiles similar to yours and see where people were able to get in.

4. Oct 18, 2012 #3

Thanks!

5. Oct 18, 2012 #4

Okay that site there seems to be many questions with little answers even searching through the forums, and the 2012 Physics Graduate School acceptance/rejection thread here on PF is only one page...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook