Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF staff changes

1. Sep 19, 2013 #1
    We're sad to see SammyS, Fredrik and Micromass leave the Mentor group. All are facing very busy real lives. We are hoping it's temporary so they can hop back in and put back on the Mentor pants! Thanks to them for their incredible effort!

We're proud to announce two members have stepped up to the plate and we've hit a home run. Office_Shredder will be joining the staff as a Mathematics Mentor and gneill as a Homework Help Mentor. Both are long time members who have shown time and again their good character and excellent quality. Welcome!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2013 #2
    Also mfb is moving from Homework Help to Mathematics. Yay!

4. Sep 19, 2013 #3

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Congrats to the new, hats off for the old for job well done! :smile:

5. Sep 19, 2013 #4
    Sad to see SammyS leaving, he had been a great Homework Helper to me, I hope he returns soon. Thank you SammyS for the time you spent helping out the students. :)

Congratulations to the new mentors. :smile:

6. Sep 19, 2013 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sorry to see micro leave, he was a sweet, caring, helpful math genius.

Fredrik, I hope you will return when things are less hectic for you, getting to know you in the mentors forum was fun.

Sammy, I never saw you in the mentor's forum, so I never got to know you, but I hear you are very helpful in homework and hope you will continue.

Now I can start hazing the new mentors. :tongue2:

7. Sep 20, 2013 #6
    And in accord with my ruling, micromass may not leave the forum.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=4432202&postcount=10

8. Sep 20, 2013 #7

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's sad to see such a great group of mentors all leave at the same time

9. Sep 20, 2013 #8
    Indeed. The best always leave while the others... remain. Sad. Hope they come back.

10. Sep 20, 2013 #9
    Congratulations to both gneill and Office_Shredder...:smile:

11. Sep 20, 2013 #10

Borek

Thank you. Do you want to be banned in one step, or with a several separate infractions?

12. Sep 20, 2013 #11

DrClaude

:rofl:

13. Sep 20, 2013 #12

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Is it even possible to receive continued (in)fractions?? Down in the abyss, step by step??:confused:

14. Sep 21, 2013 #13
    . . . wow. I really though Micromass was female. I'm not trying to insult here. I just seem to recall micro implying that in a thread or two. You sure right?

15. Sep 21, 2013 #14

Evo

I can confirm that micromass was and is male.

16. Sep 21, 2013 #15
    Alright. Thanks. Guess he's gonna' be insulted now. Really didn't mean offense. I was almost sure of it. Guess my brilliant sense of observation can fail sometimes.

Go ahead, someone say something insulting to me. That will make it even then. Don't want him to hate me.

17. Sep 21, 2013 #16

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

jackmell smells. Of mackerel.

Is that insulting enough?

18. Sep 22, 2013 #17
    I was expecting to be completely ignored which is itself insulting so either way I get pie. But thanks for being considerate Arildno.

But may I mention a short, but well-written, anecdote I have of micromass? There was a thread in GD about a topic more suited to the beyond forum that the OP was clearly not qualified to talk about. Several challenged him but micromass gave a short highly mathematical-sounding reply that could have made sense if you were in the know. I asked micromass, "you're joking right?" to which he replied and I quote, "not really, no". The others then took the thread more seriously. However, look at what he said, "not really, no" could mean no, not really which could mean "not joking, no" which means no, not joking which means joking. To this day I believe micromass was joking although my wonderful sense of observation has failed me in the past.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  19. Sep 29, 2013 #18

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I remember that too, although I don't know which thread.

I didn't think he was joking. I think he just reads/knows more than the rest of us...

20. Sep 30, 2013 #19

DrClaude

Maybe from his/her profile:

21. Sep 30, 2013 #20

Borek

Earlier his profile stated something about micromass being 16 which was a running joke on the chat.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook