1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF upgraded

1. Oct 7, 2005 #1
    The reply box is a funky grey-ish color. actually it's not funky at all. I think I liked the old one better.

Aside from that what's changed? I havn't noticed anything yet...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2005 #2
    Oh sweet, warning display and a way to send MSN messages to me. Whoopie!

Okay.. not really that excited.

So where are the real goodies?

4. Oct 7, 2005 #3

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hmmmm .... haven't found any visible tech things so far .... everything looks a bit refreshed though with the greyish tune. :!!) Ahhhh, editing posts is way cooler + the ribbons a tad.

5. Oct 7, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I think Greg said that he would be adding more things gradually...

6. Oct 7, 2005 #5

honestrosewater

Gold Member

No new smileys yet! :cry: Do we have titles back?

7. Oct 7, 2005 #6
    Yeah, I've seen a couple titles.

And there's also an instantly-go-to-page-x-function-thingy now.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  8. Oct 7, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

hmm.. smurfs still here... i thought this was an upgrade

9. Oct 7, 2005 #8
    sweet mother of all that is good and pure. Editing posts IS way cooler

edit: I just like doing this

10. Oct 7, 2005 #9
    Nothing major changed, it was mostly a backend change. However there are alot of misc things that are added and a bit different that should make things better. Wait for a couple weeks for the new skin to see big changes in style.

11. Oct 7, 2005 #10
    I remember the last change in style we had, a lot of people didn't even realise it. Thought it was their browser messing up. :biggrin:

12. Oct 7, 2005 #11

Lisa!

Gold Member

It says "warn %0"! Does it mean everyone would be banned after 5 warnings !? :rolleyes:

13. Oct 7, 2005 #12
    3x5=15

Sounds about right.

14. Oct 7, 2005 #13

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You've 0%, how can that be? Now where is that button :tongue2: :biggrin: ......

Got to say the edit thing makes life easier ... smooth as it is, commendably handled upgrade!

15. Oct 7, 2005 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

Is it me or you have this problem too:
    I can't post smilies by clicking on them, or use color and size... I have to write [color][/color]... :shy:

That means our Super mentors are very easygoing!:wink:

16. Oct 7, 2005 #15

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, they're 'easy' and know what they're up to :wink: . No color or smily problems here :confused:

17. Oct 7, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oooh...that should make it a bit easier for the mentors to avoid accidentally editing posts instead of quoting them! We'll know right away if we hit the wrong button. :biggrin: Cool.

The mentors got new toys....sure, just when I was starting to figure out the ones that were here yesterday. :rolleyes: But these look more fun...so watch out, we'll have itchy trigger fingers just waiting to try the new features on our side! I want to see how those warning bars light up. :devil: :wink:

18. Oct 7, 2005 #17
    :rofl: paper dolphins

wow the edit screen is awesome O.O

19. Oct 7, 2005 #18
    I like the gray box, let's see how this edit looks.

emmm, none of the things seem to work in the edit box. For example, font type and I think size?

20. Oct 7, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So, what gray box are you all seeing? I don't see any color changes, and didn't think there were going to be any yet??? Placebo effect?

21. Oct 7, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

:wink: Colour and smilies work fine for me, and I love having the font option and paragraph formatting commands. It's a lot easier to change colour now with that palette. I short, I find posting much more pleasant now.
    Moonbear, I'll try to think up something truly disgusting so you can practise your warnings on me, but it might take a while.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?