Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF upgraded

1. Oct 7, 2005 #1
    The reply box is a funky grey-ish color. actually it's not funky at all. I think I liked the old one better.

Aside from that what's changed? I havn't noticed anything yet...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2005 #2
    Oh sweet, warning display and a way to send MSN messages to me. Whoopie!

Okay.. not really that excited.

So where are the real goodies?

4. Oct 7, 2005 #3

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hmmmm .... haven't found any visible tech things so far .... everything looks a bit refreshed though with the greyish tune. :!!) Ahhhh, editing posts is way cooler + the ribbons a tad.

5. Oct 7, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I think Greg said that he would be adding more things gradually...

6. Oct 7, 2005 #5

honestrosewater

Gold Member

No new smileys yet! :cry: Do we have titles back?

7. Oct 7, 2005 #6
    Yeah, I've seen a couple titles.

And there's also an instantly-go-to-page-x-function-thingy now.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  8. Oct 7, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

hmm.. smurfs still here... i thought this was an upgrade

9. Oct 7, 2005 #8
    sweet mother of all that is good and pure. Editing posts IS way cooler

edit: I just like doing this

10. Oct 7, 2005 #9
    Nothing major changed, it was mostly a backend change. However there are alot of misc things that are added and a bit different that should make things better. Wait for a couple weeks for the new skin to see big changes in style.

11. Oct 7, 2005 #10
    I remember the last change in style we had, a lot of people didn't even realise it. Thought it was their browser messing up. :biggrin:

12. Oct 7, 2005 #11

Lisa!

Gold Member

It says "warn %0"! Does it mean everyone would be banned after 5 warnings !? :rolleyes:

13. Oct 7, 2005 #12
    3x5=15

Sounds about right.

14. Oct 7, 2005 #13

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You've 0%, how can that be? Now where is that button :tongue2: :biggrin: ......

Got to say the edit thing makes life easier ... smooth as it is, commendably handled upgrade!

15. Oct 7, 2005 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

Is it me or you have this problem too:
    I can't post smilies by clicking on them, or use color and size... I have to write [color][/color]... :shy:

That means our Super mentors are very easygoing!:wink:

16. Oct 7, 2005 #15

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, they're 'easy' and know what they're up to :wink: . No color or smily problems here :confused:

17. Oct 7, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oooh...that should make it a bit easier for the mentors to avoid accidentally editing posts instead of quoting them! We'll know right away if we hit the wrong button. :biggrin: Cool.

The mentors got new toys....sure, just when I was starting to figure out the ones that were here yesterday. :rolleyes: But these look more fun...so watch out, we'll have itchy trigger fingers just waiting to try the new features on our side! I want to see how those warning bars light up. :devil: :wink:

18. Oct 7, 2005 #17
    :rofl: paper dolphins

wow the edit screen is awesome O.O

19. Oct 7, 2005 #18
    I like the gray box, let's see how this edit looks.

emmm, none of the things seem to work in the edit box. For example, font type and I think size?

20. Oct 7, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So, what gray box are you all seeing? I don't see any color changes, and didn't think there were going to be any yet??? Placebo effect?

21. Oct 7, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

:wink: Colour and smilies work fine for me, and I love having the font option and paragraph formatting commands. It's a lot easier to change colour now with that palette. I short, I find posting much more pleasant now.
    Moonbear, I'll try to think up something truly disgusting so you can practise your warnings on me, but it might take a while.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?