Questioning the Color Change of the Reply Box

In summary, nothing major changed, it was mostly a backend change. However there are a lot of misc things that are added and a bit different that should make things better. Wait for a couple weeks for the new skin to see big changes in style.
Smurf
The reply box is a funky grey-ish color. actually it's not funky at all. I think I liked the old one better.

Aside from that what's changed? I havn't noticed anything yet...

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh sweet, warning display and a way to send MSN messages to me. Whoopie!

Okay.. not really that excited.

So where are the real goodies?

hmmmm ... haven't found any visible tech things so far ... everything looks a bit refreshed though with the greyish tune. :!) Ahhhh, editing posts is way cooler + the ribbons a tad.

I think Greg said that he would be adding more things gradually...

No new smileys yet! :cry: Do we have titles back?

Yeah, I've seen a couple titles.

And there's also an instantly-go-to-page-x-function-thingy now.

Last edited:
hmm.. smurfs still here... i thought this was an upgrade

PerennialII said:
hmmmm ... haven't found any visible tech things so far ... everything looks a bit refreshed though with the greyish tune. :!) Ahhhh, editing posts is way cooler + the ribbons a tad.
sweet mother of all that is good and pure. Editing posts IS way cooler

edit: I just like doing this

PerennialII said:

Nothing major changed, it was mostly a backend change. However there are a lot of misc things that are added and a bit different that should make things better. Wait for a couple weeks for the new skin to see big changes in style.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Wait for a couple weeks for the new skin to see big changes in style.
I remember the last change in style we had, a lot of people didn't even realize it. Thought it was their browser messing up. :biggrin:

It says "warn %0"! Does it mean everyone would be banned after 5 warnings !? :rolleyes:

3x5=15

Sounds about right.

Lisa! said:
It says "warn %0"! Does it mean everyone would be banned after 5 warnings !? :rolleyes:

You've 0%, how can that be? Now where is that button :tongue2: :biggrin: ...

Greg Bernhardt said:
Nothing major changed, it was mostly a backend change. However there are a lot of misc things that are added and a bit different that should make things better. Wait for a couple weeks for the new skin to see big changes in style.

Got to say the edit thing makes life easier ... smooth as it is, commendably handled upgrade!

Last edited:
Is it me or you have this problem too:
I can't post smilies by clicking on them, or use color and size... I have to write [color][/color]... :shy:

PerennialII said:
You've 0%, how can that be? Now where is that button :tongue2: :biggrin: ...
That means our Super mentors are very easygoing!:wink:

Lisa! said:
Is it me or you have this problem too:
I can't post smilies by clicking on them, or use color and size... I have to write [color][/color]... :shy:

That means our Super mentors are very easygoing!:wink:

Yep, they're 'easy' and know what they're up to :wink: . No color or smily problems here :confused:

Smurf said:
sweet mother of all that is good and pure. Editing posts IS way cooler

edit: I just like doing this
Oooh...that should make it a bit easier for the mentors to avoid accidentally editing posts instead of quoting them! We'll know right away if we hit the wrong button. :biggrin: Cool.

The mentors got new toys...sure, just when I was starting to figure out the ones that were here yesterday. :rolleyes: But these look more fun...so watch out, we'll have itchy trigger fingers just waiting to try the new features on our side! I want to see how those warning bars light up. :devil: :wink:

Moonbear said:
Oooh...that should make it a bit easier for the mentors to avoid accidentally editing posts instead of quoting them! We'll know right away if we hit the wrong button. :biggrin: Cool.
:

:rofl: paper dolphins

wow the edit screen is awesome O.O

I like the gray box, let's see how this edit looks.

emmm, none of the things seem to work in the edit box. For example, font type and I think size?

So, what gray box are you all seeing? I don't see any color changes, and didn't think there were going to be any yet? Placebo effect?

:wink: Colour and smilies work fine for me, and I love having the font option and paragraph formatting commands. It's a lot easier to change colour now with that palette. I short, I find posting much more pleasant now.
Moonbear, I'll try to think up something truly disgusting so you can practise your warnings on me, but it might take a while.

Last edited:
Danger said:
Moonbear, I'll try to think up something truly disgusting so you can practise your warnings on me, but it might take a while.
Please don't. I'd feel really badly if I had to practice banning you too. :frown:

Don't worry; I'll quit after the first couple of warnings.:biggrin:

I love the new edit! :smile:

Wanted to see what the edit function looks like.

i haven't posted yet since the upgrade... and i wanted to... so ya.

AS far as I remember you were Gale17!:wink:

ya, well I'm not 17 any more and i definately have no desire to pretend to be. and if i changed it to 18... it'd be weird...

1. Why does the color of the reply box change?

The color of the reply box changes as it indicates the current state of the reply box. For example, if the box is yellow, it means that someone is currently typing a reply. If the box is green, it means that the reply has been successfully submitted.

2. What causes the color change of the reply box?

The color change is caused by the use of CSS code to change the background color of the reply box based on its state. This is typically done using the :focus and :valid pseudo-classes.

3. Can the color change of the reply box be customized?

Yes, the color change can be customized by changing the CSS code used to style the reply box. This can be done by adjusting the background color, border color, and other properties to fit the desired design.

4. Does the color change of the reply box serve any purpose?

Yes, the color change of the reply box serves as a visual cue to the user about the current state of the reply box. This can help to improve user experience and provide feedback on the status of their reply.

5. Is the color change of the reply box a common practice in web design?

Yes, the color change of the reply box is a common practice in web design as it helps to improve user experience and provide feedback to the user. It is often used in forms and input fields to indicate the current state of the field.