PF World Cup Futbol League 2014

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    world cup
In summary, users are able to vote on the winner of the FIFA World Cup by making a post below with the correct outcome and score. Voting is possible until midnight GMT of the game day.
Brazil vs Netherlands: 0-2
Germany vs Argentina: 1-0

Winner prediction: Germany

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Brazil v Netherlands: 1 - 0
Germany - Argentina: 0 - 1

Winner: Argentina

Brazil v Netherlands: 1-3

These 2 matches are the hardest for me to predict of all the previous matches...

Final:
Argentina-Germany: 3-2 GO FOR BROKE!

Semi-final:
Brazil-Netherlands: 1-0

I think Brazil still has something to prove, while the Netherlands doesn't really care about 3rd place.

Germany-Argentina: 2-1. Ger. wins.

Germany vs Argentina: 1-2

fluidistic said:
Germany-Argentina: 2-1. Ger. wins.

Wait a minute - aren't you in Argentina?

Question: can I vote for Argentina in the match prediction and still have Germany in the main winner prediction ?

montadhar said:
Question: can I vote for Argentina in the match prediction and still have Germany in the main winner prediction ?

Yes.

Brazil - Netherlands: 0 - 5
Germany - Argentina: 2 - 0

Brazil - Netherlands: 1 - 3
Germany - Argentina: 2 - 0

micromass said:
Brazil - Netherlands: 0 - 5
Ouch, if that happens it will be very painful to watch... :blushing:EDIT: And if Argentina should win the final, it would be extra painful for me to watch this entry :redface::
micromass said:
Posted on 12 June (12 points):
[STRIKE]DennisN - Argentina[/STRIKE]

Last edited:
Brazil - Netherlands: 3 - 0

lisab said:
Wait a minute - aren't you in Argentina?

Yes I am. But I want to sleep that night... I'm dead serious :)
No party please. I've had enough of the 2 previous games of Argentina. Almost impossible to go out and buy food...
Go Germany!

Brasil v holland: 1-2
Germany v Argentina: 1-0

fluidistic said:
Yes I am. But I want to sleep that night... I'm dead serious :)
No party please. I've had enough of the 2 previous games of Argentina. Almost impossible to go out and buy food...
Go Germany!

I understand that completely :approve:.

This concludes the PF World Cup Futbol League of 2014!

OVERALL WINNER OF THE PF FUTBOL LEAGUE

MONTADHAR

WINNER OF THE INDIVIDUAL MATCHES

DENNISN

Congratulations to montadhar and DennisN! And congratulations to all other players as well. I had a lot of fun with this thread and I hope you had too!

Thanks for playing!

Likes 1 person
micromass said:
This concludes the PF World Cup Futbol League of 2014!

OVERALL WINNER OF THE PF FUTBOL LEAGUE

MONTADHAR

WINNER OF THE INDIVIDUAL MATCHES

DENNISN

Congratulations to montadhar and DennisN! And congratulations to all other players as well. I had a lot of fun with this thread and I hope you had too!

Thanks for playing!

I definitely had a lot of fun! I know DennisN had a lot of fun too :biggrin:
Thanks micromass for the massive effort you put into the league! You will have a lot of free time now :biggrin:

Is it possible to have the statistics for the predictions ? And if possible, the ones had the deadlines not been considered.

Likes 1 person
fluidistic said:
Thank you Götzilla!

I just wonder one thing, since I don't know much about the rules of football. At minute 57 Neuer clattered Higuain in the goal keeper zone, did that deserve a penalty like the Argentinian people are claiming?
I doubt it because Neuer played the ball (and removed it) while Higuain didn't even touch the ball.

I think it was a foul. Although he got the ball, he clearly leapt into Higuain - if Neuer was an outfield player it would certainly have been given against him, but goalies get too much protection.

Thanks for running the competition, micro. I shall come back fighting in two years ;)

micromass said:

Thanks for playing!
Thank you! And thanks to everyone for making this into a very fun and addictive thread!
I definitely had a lot of fun! It is more than a month since this thread started, a long game! I think it was exciting even until the end.

And a special, big thanks to micromass for his huge effort in managing the contest and the thread, great work!

Likes 1 person
Congrats, montadhar and DennisN!

Thanks for all the work, micromass!

Likes 1 person
D H said:
Congrats, montadhar and DennisN!

Thanks for all the work, micromass!
Same here. It was really interesting once I decided to start playing. I've already set up a reminder to play again 4 years from now. :tongue:

Likes 1 person
Borg said:
Same here. It was really interesting once I decided to start playing. I've already set up a reminder to play again 4 years from now. :tongue:

There's always the European Championship in 2 years :tongue:

Likes 1 person
micromass said:
There's always the European Championship in 2 years :tongue:
That would be fun! :thumbs: