Announcement PF5 is coming!

Wrichik Basu

Gold Member
2018 Award
But you can add WhatsApp, right? Say, if I click the link, then it will open the app on my phone; I will select the contact, and the link will be sent. For desktop users, it will redirect to https://web.whatsapp.com. This will be a good alternative to G+.

We are tentatively planning for updating March 23rd.

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
An altert came to me about "Come Test PF5" and so I clicked on the link in the alert and that resulting page was:
Yeah I bungled it, just got to the first post of this thread.

We're so excited to finally roll out PF5!

We will commence upgrade to PF5 starting around 9am CST on Sat March 23rd. The site will be closed for 2-3 hours. My primary goal is to get basic functionality returned. What this means is that if you visit Saturday after we reopen you'll almost certainly see PF in a less than complete stage. Things like the top navigation, sidebar content, video section, plenty of features and permissions, will be incomplete or wonky. I'd rather not have the site down for several days as I make it perfect and instead get basic functionality online quickly. That being said for the first 24-48 hours after coming back online I would please kindly ask you to only message me or start a feedback thread regarding an actual error message you receive rather than ask why feature X or function X is missing or why the navigation and sidebar is broken or make style preference requests. Be aware the first 24-48 hours expect a lot of movement and flux. What I need is time and space to get core parts configured as I have near 100 things on my list to do. There will be time after to debate preferences.

As mentioned before the new style is very similar to current and there should be little learning curve even though there are dozens of new features and improvements.

Remember that the mobile app for Apple and Android will be discontinued immediately after upgrade. Please use PF with a mobile browser. Here is a video on how to get a shortcut to PF on your iPhone home screen https://www.icaew.com/adding-an-iphone-shortcut and once we upgrade we'll have a notice about how to active push notifications for your browser/mobile.

Insights will also be overhauled but not at the same time. We are testing a new forum to WordPress bridge and it's not quite ready yet, but hopefully in the next 7-10 days. When ready Insights will adopt the PF style for better cohesion. Until then readers won't know the difference but the current bridge for authors might brake, I am not sure yet.

This upgrade event will be as big as when we moved from vBulletin several years ago. I'm going to try to make it as smooth as possible, but again for the first 24-48 hours expect wrinkles and give me time to iron them out.

Feel free to ask any questions.

pinball1970

Gold Member
If I like it I'll go full gold member

Matt Benesi

Gold Member
I like how PF5 translates to P=16 f=6 5, which is 1665, or 3^2*5 *the 12th prime. I like the 12th prime story... but like it's makers more. :D

pinball1970

Gold Member
I like how PF5 translates to P=16 f=6 5, which is 1665, or 3^2*5 *the 12th prime. I like the 12th prime story... but like it's makers more. :D
Please do this in arrow notation

pinball1970

Gold Member
That post [itex] \uparrow \uparrow \uparrow \uparrow \uparrow [/itex] is the 12th prime post. :p
Thanks. I cant imagine any more iterations other than 3. 3 seems semi normal. Please join the discussion on Graham numdr on the other thread. We need more mathematician guys 44 is being evasive and I not sure where 22 is

pinball1970

Gold Member
PF5 COMING! no side tracks

Wrichik Basu

Gold Member
2018 Award
@Greg Bernhardt Best of luck! Don't know whether I'll be able to check back before Tuesday, but hope to see PF in a whole new look when I return.

cobalt124

Gold Member
Good luck, thanks for the heads up!