PF5 Problems and Errors

Buzz Bloom

Gold Member
Hi Greg:

I apologize if this "complaint" does not belong in this thread.

In the previous interface there was a feature that listed all the threads for which I had indicated my desire to "watch" it. That was very useful for finding older threads I wanted to read again. My current attempts to find and reread an old thread by using some search words I think might be helpful has rarely been helpful since at my age my memory is not so good. I hope some time soon that feature might be restored.

Regards,
Buzz

jim mcnamara

Mentor
Latex issue?
The equation runs out of bounds in the OP's question:

Last edited:

Wrichik Basu

Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
Latex issue?
The equation run out of bounds in the OP's question:
I faced the same in this thread:

Screenshot_20190525-185418.png

There does seem to be some wrapping issues, but for the table example I'm not sure what could be done. How could that be wrapped? It should probably be converted to the new editor table. Even then it might not work. Not enough width.

Wrichik Basu

Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
but for the table example I'm not sure what could be done. How could that be wrapped? It should probably be converted to the new editor table. Even then it might not work. Not enough width.
You can fit the table within the space where the posts are normally visible, and enable horizontal scrolling.

I have specified line breaks to help force wrap equations, doesn't help tables. Let me know if that makes things better or worse.

You can fit the table within the space where the posts are normally visible, and enable horizontal scrolling.
I think that is something that would need to be added in the mathjax library.

Buzz Bloom

Gold Member
I have discovered that I cannot edit the Summary section of the beginning post of a new thread.
See

Can anyone help me?

Buzz Bloom

Gold Member
Thank you much for your help. I apologize for not noticing things I should notice. It's an aging phenomenon.

Buzz Bloom

Gold Member
I have discovered that I cannot use subscripts and/or superscripts or indents in either the Problem Staement or the Relevant Equations sections when trying to create an Advanced Physics Homework thread.

Can someone help me?

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award

Worked for me. I typed in "Test of # # SUB_n # # and # # SUP^m # # elements. (without the blanks)

Buzz Bloom

Gold Member
Worked for me. I typed in "Test of # # SUB_n # # and # # SUP^m # # elements. (without the blanks)
Hi fresh:

For most things what yopu showed me works fine. However, one of the equations I want to include has the following form.
f(xyz,) = x(yz)

I cannot make the x##^y##notation using "#" work for this. I would like to use the format bar that is usable for the text of the main section, but much of it does not work with the Relevant Equations or Problem Statement sections.

Regards,
Buzz

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor
The page for the insight "Understanding Superposition" says I must be logged-in to comment, but I am logged-in. When I click on the "logged-in" link, I don't get any option to log-in.

The page for the insight "Understanding Superposition" says I must be logged-in to comment, but I am logged-in. When I click on the "logged-in" link, I don't get any option to log-in.
A known issue. There is a link to the forum comment thread at the bottom of the insight.

morrobay

Gold Member
What happened to the two rows of symbols, ie. Greek alphabet, math that were available with replies?