Best Avatar: Who Has PF's Greatest?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, Danger's avatar is the ugliest. There are many great avatars and it is hard to choose a favorite.
zoobyshoe said:
Where, in the Amazon jungle without a place to plug a computer in?

I don't know the specifics of why, but he did indicate that he wouldn't have access; and that this was goodbye. :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
All credit for my avatar goes to its great surrealist artist, Rene Magritte!

Great job, René!

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I'm pretty sure a week's worth of salary from a paper route should cover it just fine.
nobody does that anymore.

my paper boy makes over 200 dollars a week, not bad for 3 hours of work each morning, that's 11 dollars a hour!

our neighborhood does not have a paperboy.

hypatia said:
my paper boy makes over 200 dollars a week, not bad for 3 hours of work each morning, that's 11 dollars a hour!
:eek: I think I'm going to start a paper route.

Lets see... I love Moonbears Av.
I'm sure Danger's could easily qualify for the ugliest.
I'll have to start paying more attention to peoples avatars now.

yomamma said:
I'm still confused as to what everything in danger's avatar is.
It might be easier to tell on the large, uncropped version here.

what's all that yellow crap on your face?

yomamma said:
what's all that yellow crap on your face?
Leftovers.

of...?

I like SpaceTiger's. That boy sure has great genetics.

yomamma said:
of...?
You don't want to know...

I don't care...just tell me... I'm scared

yomamma said:
I don't care...just tell me... I'm scared
I can't really see any way to keep the joke going, so I'd might as well explain it (although I already did in the member photo thread). That's my outfit from last Hallowe'en. It's made out of latex, and the coloured stuff is multiple shades of brown creme makeup applied with a brush and then dabbed and smeared with cotton wool. The hair is just coloured cotton wool stretched out and glued on.

LeBrad said:
I like SpaceTiger's. That boy sure has great genetics.
I LOVE LeBrad's avatar -- It's great!

Danger said:
I can't really see any way to keep the joke going, so I'd might as well explain it (although I already did in the member photo thread). That's my outfit from last Hallowe'en. It's made out of latex, and the coloured stuff is multiple shades of brown creme makeup applied with a brush and then dabbed and smeared with cotton wool. The hair is just coloured cotton wool stretched out and glued on.
we need a smiley that looks like that...

SOS2008 said:
I LOVE LeBrad's avatar -- It's great!

HE'S MINE! BACK OFF! :grumpy: :devil: :mad:

Uh oh...

TheStatutoryApe said:
Uh oh...
There's only one solution to the problem...then TheStatutoryApe is mine! :tongue:

Edit: LeBrad and Pillowhead do make a great couple. :biggrin:

Last edited:
SOS2008 said:
There's only one solution to the problem...then TheStatutoryApe is mine! :tongue:

Edit: LeBrad and Pillowhead do make a great couple. :biggrin:

aaaahhhh... yes, yes that's perfect.

(puts back machete, hand grenades, nunchucks and matches...)

glad we could work this out.

so in case anyone's not clear... I've called dibs on LeBrad... ladies, if you value your lives, i wouldn't look twice at his new avatar... i spose men are allowed to view his sexiness. or lesbians... actually no, no lesbians... they might change their mind about their sexual orientation after seeing him...

:blushing:
I think I could live with that.

Gale17 said:
(puts back machete, hand grenades, nunchucks and matches...)
Matches? Don't forget the gasoline! :rofl:
Gale17 said:
glad we could work this out.
Of course, it is the sisterhood way. :wink:
Gale17 said:
or lesbians... actually no, no lesbians... they might change their mind about their sexual orientation after seeing him...
:rofl:

SOS2008 said:
Matches? Don't forget the gasoline! :rofl:
Of course, it is the sisterhood way. :wink:
:rofl:

hmm... no, i have the gasoline, but it stays... just in case any curious lesbians come along...

but yay for the sisterhood. if only all problems in life could be solved so simply.

so of course, my vote for best avatar is going to be Lebrad. but only cause he's so hot... i guess... i wouldn't mind... if the girls agree that he's a hottie... cause i mean, he is pretty damn sexy. so long as we keep in mind that I've marked him as my territory.

Danger said:
That's my outfit from last Hallowe'en. It's made out of latex, and the coloured stuff is multiple shades of brown creme makeup applied with a brush and then dabbed and smeared with cotton wool. The hair is just coloured cotton wool stretched out and glued on.
Hoe did you make the one eye look sideways while the other looks straight ahead?

So, zoob.. aren't you going to pick an avatar?

I nominate my avatar. Can I do that/

whozum said:

...you don't have one...

zoobyshoe said:
Hoe did you make the one eye look sideways while the other looks straight ahead?
It's an illusion. They're both looking at the camera. There was some adhesion problem around the eyes because of perspiration, so I had to go really heavy on the glue and just keep repositioning various parts of the appliance until they found a spot where they'd stick. It meant that the outer corner of that eye was behind the latex, making the iris look off-centre, and a bit of the inside corner of the other one is eclipsed by the snout in that shot.

edit: I suppose the fact that my left eye is noticeably lower than my right anyhow contributes to it.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
So, zoob.. aren't you going to pick an avatar?
You mean vote for the best or am I going to have one of my own?

whozum said:
I think your avatar is really clever, whozum. For the longest time I thought you didn't even have an avatar but then one day I realized it was a stereogram and you have to stare at it for at least 60 seconds to see it.
Still, I don't know why you chose a seahorse. :confused:

zoobyshoe needs a very hairy person to be his avatar...I say astronuc!

Danger said:
It's an illusion. They're both looking at the camera.
I see. Is supposed to be a werewolf or some specific character?

zoobyshoe said:
You mean vote for the best or am I going to have one of my own?
I mean are you going to display one of your own?

Math Is Hard said:
I think your avatar is really clever, whozum. For the longest time I thought you didn't even have an avatar but then one day I realized it was a stereogram and you have to stare at it for at least 60 seconds to see it.
Still, I don't know why you chose a seahorse. :confused:

I can never get anything by you! Whats wrong with seahorses?? :tongue2: