Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF's new icon

1. Oct 10, 2005 #1
    Anybody notice it? I think it looks much better than the old one :smile:

[​IMG]

Here is the old one, for those who don't remember:

[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's the difference - the color ?

I still have the old yellow and blue one. :frown:

4. Oct 10, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me too. Mattmns must have a special version...the one that doesn't let him edit. :biggrin:

5. Oct 10, 2005 #4
    Yeah the old one was an ugly yellow, and now the new one is a smooth blue :smile:

Maybe try clearing your cache.

edit... And the edit issue has been resolved. I was not patient enough to let the edit take a few seconds to kick in :smile:

6. Oct 10, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

I've never seen that "old one"

7. Oct 10, 2005 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wait, mine's blue too. :eek: I was looking at my bookmark icon.

8. Oct 10, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:frown: Mine is still yellow. (And yes, I cleared the cache...I'm not convinced that ever does anything useful.) But RSS feeds are just a click away, for what it's worth (I thought it was something that came with the PF upgrade, but just learned that it's actually a new feature that came with my Safari upgrade...if a site has an RSS feed, Safari displays an icon in the address bar that I can click to view the feed). It's not too exciting though since it isn't much more than a list of new posts that I could view by clicking on New Posts. :rolleyes: Now, if someone wants to make me a PF widget so I can view the new posts RSS feed from my desktop while my browser is closed, I'd love having yet another widget to add to my new toy collection. (I'm just loving widgets! :biggrin:)

9. Oct 10, 2005 #8
    I like it too!

10. Oct 10, 2005 #9
    which firefox plugin is that that allows you to play music and control it from the browser???

btw, my PF icon is still the yellow one.:mad:

11. Oct 10, 2005 #10

Danger

Gold Member

That screen shot doesn't look anything like what I have, but I think the one at work is similar. There are no icons at all on mine—just white text in a blue stripe.

12. Oct 10, 2005 #11
  13. Oct 11, 2005 #12

Mk

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?