Pg-dip in medical physics in university of Canterbury(New Zealand)

In summary, the speaker is considering pursuing a PG-diploma in medical physics in New Zealand or the UK. They are concerned about the job prospects, salary, cost of living, and recognition of their qualifications in other countries. It is important for them to carefully research their options and consider the potential risks before making a decision. New Zealand has a strong healthcare industry, but salaries may not be as competitive as in the UK. They should also consider the cost of living and potential limitations on their future job opportunities.

CAN I JUMP IN TO PG-DIP IN MEDICAL PHYSICS(UNIVERSITY OF CANTERBURY)NEW ZEALAND.

• YES-IMMEDIATE TRAINEE POSITION IS AVAILABLE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEVER GO TO NZ

• CONSIDER QUEEN MARY(LONDON)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kaderpitchai
Hi friends,
recently i got offer for pg-dip in medical physics in university of canterbury (new zealand)..i am new to this medical physics field..already my qualifications are m.sc in physics.since i want to migrate to a fascinating field such as medical physics field.so i decided to apply for it in new zealand and in uk..i got offer from both new zealand and uk(m.sc(medical electronics and physics) from queen mary and m.sc(medical physics) from university of surrey)but i think more of new zealand.can i enter new zealand and get settled through this pg-dip in medical physics.whether this is a huge risk or i can jump into it without underestimating it.but i am concerned with job future, country, salary and immediate placement in training after studies..help me in this crucial decision..

Physics news on Phys.org
It is a big decision to make and you should research carefully the options before making a decision. In terms of job prospects, New Zealand has a strong healthcare industry, with plenty of jobs available in the medical physics field. However, the salaries may not be as competitive as in the UK or other countries. Additionally, you should consider the cost of living in New Zealand and whether you will be able to support yourself financially while completing your studies. Finally, it is important to consider whether the qualifications you gain from the program will be recognised in other countries, including the UK, if you decide to pursue further studies or work in another country in the future.

1. What is a Pg-dip in medical physics?

A Pg-dip, or Postgraduate Diploma, in medical physics is a specialized program that focuses on the application of physics principles to the field of medicine. It is designed for individuals who have a background in physics or a related field and want to work in the healthcare industry.

2. Why choose the University of Canterbury for a Pg-dip in medical physics?

The University of Canterbury has a highly reputable medical physics program with experienced faculty and state-of-the-art facilities. It also has strong connections with local hospitals and research institutes, providing students with valuable hands-on experience and networking opportunities.

3. What are the prerequisites for a Pg-dip in medical physics at the University of Canterbury?

Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field with a minimum GPA of 5.0. They must also have completed specific courses in mathematics, physics, and biology. Additionally, international students may need to meet English language proficiency requirements.

4. What career opportunities are available with a Pg-dip in medical physics?

Graduates of the Pg-dip in medical physics program at the University of Canterbury are well-equipped for careers in medical imaging, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine, and other medical physics specialties. They can also pursue further education in a related field, such as a Master's or PhD.

5. How long does it take to complete a Pg-dip in medical physics at the University of Canterbury?

The program can be completed in one year of full-time study or up to three years of part-time study. However, the duration may vary depending on the student's course load and any additional requirements, such as a research project or internship.