1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Phase Angles

1. May 26, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Im an apprentice electrition and my 2nd year principles exam is coming up. the question i ask is about Phase angles. It asks me to represent my data using a phase angle but in the book im using there are no equations to show me how to get my phase angle. im working on my inductance. it shows how much the current is leading the voltage. its all about being 'out of phase'

2. Relevant equations
    the inductance equation is
    XL=2pie(3.142)fL
    XL - inductive reactance (ohms)
    F - supply frequency (hertz)
    L - Circuit inductance (henrys)

3. The attempt at a solution
    i have attempted on the inductance equations but have not go any further. please help. im very confused

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. May 26, 2008 #2

If you were to look at your input waveform and your output waveform, the distance between these would be your phase angle in pi-radians. I'm not sure what the title "electrician" means where you live.....are you familiar with transfer functions?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?