1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Phase difference

1. May 28, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

for part ii , why the phase difference isnt =pi/2 ? i'm having problem uploading the photo .https://www.flickr.com/photos/123101228@N03/14289633415/

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2014 #2

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

In the second graph under ii, you appear to have pencilled in two arrows exactly one complete cycle apart. How far is that in terms of radians?

4. May 28, 2014 #3
    i am not sure the penciled arrows is correct or not? on the top diagram in ii, both arrow at 0 and pi pointed downwards, whereas the below diagram pionted upwards. i did this beacuse i refer to the notes on other old book , but i dont know the reason why should i do this. can you expalin why?

5. May 28, 2014 #4
    ...deleted

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  6. May 28, 2014 #5

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I wasn't asking why the arrows are there, that doesn't matter. I'm just asking how far apart you think they are as a number of radians, i.e. their phase difference. From your reply, you seem to think they're π apart. They're one complete cycle apart, which is 2π.

7. May 28, 2014 #6
    sorry , i should nt have asked this question. i realized my mistake.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted