1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Phase space

1. May 5, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Trying to derive a bundle map for a tangent space on a sphere. This is in line with some online courses in QM and phase space topology. I'm not doing an assignment as such (I'm a postgrad though).
    This is also in line with keeping up with tensor calculus (and the symmetry of space+time), since QM is way easier in that case.

2. Relevant equations

a is a 2 deg vertex [tex] a(\phi_i \bar \phi_j) [/tex]. i,j are state indices; i indexes a null-vertex in the graph G(V,E), the vertex is aligned as a line (a geodesic) on the sphere, w/ edges at +/- infinity.
    [tex] \phi_i [/tex] recovers [tex] \bar \phi_j [/tex] at a, the crossing in G.
    a = (p + ic) where c is the color at the crossing indexed by j.

This is the trivial fiber over the base space S' and G: G -> B needs a continuous sectional function which is smooth over E the inner measure, M the manifold (sphere), F the fiber space and B the base space or map.

3. The attempt at a solution

Write a bivector form for the vertices/crossings and derive the section and projective functions that way?

ed: s'ok, I think I just realised it's a matter of a swapping for vertex-edge pairs from one to the other space, and so on...(doh!)

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted