Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Phase tuner

1. Oct 25, 2016 #1
    If i have two sinusoidal ac signals of 220V with the different phase angle i.e. there is some phase difference between them. Then can i make the phase difference zero?? Please tell

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2016 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello akash, :welcome:

You should realize that 220 V can kill you !

What do you have available to influence the phase ? -- if anything at all

4. Oct 25, 2016 #3
    Ya i know it's dangerous, but i have to do it , Basically i have two generators who generates 220V ,1A current, and i have to add up to make it 2A, 220 volt, but the problem is that both currents are having some phase difference and this phase difference may create problem, means it can reduce the amplitude. So please tell some possible solution for this..

5. Oct 25, 2016 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Closed pending moderation

6. Oct 25, 2016 #5

NascentOxygen

The generators need to be on the same shaft so they rotate together, fixed together so they rotate exactly together all the time.

Otherwise, expect it to be far cheaper to buy a new 2A generator.

7. Oct 25, 2016 #6

berkeman

Thread will remain closed because of the danger involved when an inexperienced person tries to work with AC Mains voltages.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook