1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs PhD Admision guide

1. Apr 11, 2010 #1
    I need some help in taking admision in mathematics for phd in any one who can guide or interested to help me in this, regards

need some special support.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2010 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I don't think we can help without more information. What universities are you thinking of applying to? And what do you mean by "special support"?

4. Apr 12, 2010 #3
    I am doing phd in pakistan and cleard my course work in my university, i am in CIIT Islamabad pakistan, my suprvisor is not supporting me in my research work,,, becouse of his health and some other issues,,, i want to have some supervisor in any university so that i left my education here and start again with some energetic atmosphere.

i have cleared my course work with CGPA 3.9/4,

5. Apr 12, 2010 #4
    From your description, the one who can help you most is your supervisor. You may talk to your supervisor about the people working on the same field as yours. Writing a recommendation letter should be enough unless the health problem is very serious...

Why don't you talk to other professors in your department?

6. Apr 13, 2010 #5
    I thought this was a guide to a Ph.D, I was wrong...

7. Apr 13, 2010 #6
    in my departments the problems are so many the politics and some other, my suppervisor is also advising me to go some where else is the best option i can provide the recomendation latter from my suppervisor......if needed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook