New Partnership: PhD Comics & PF

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, PhD Comics has teamed up with PF to provide a forum for their comics and to promote their site.
We have struck a partnership with PhD Comics! "Piled Higher and Deeper" (PhD) is the comic strip by Jorge Cham about life (or the lack thereof) in academia.

We will be featuring a forum in General Discussion called "PhD Comics" that will be updated with the newest comics strips. Furthermore you can see if a new comic is available by scanning the link list on the homepage under the sciam news.

In return PhD comics will feature a box on each of their comic pages on their website encouraging his readers to sign up and post their comments in the "PhD Comics" forum here at PF.

Physics news on Phys.org
Cool! Those are pretty nice comics at times. I like a recent one when he graphs one's response time to the question "what do you do" against the length of time you've been in academia. I found myself in just that situation last weekend when my wife told my father and brother that a paper I had been working on for the last two years was accepted for publication. I tried to describe the motivation, methodology, etc, only to get puzzled/blank expressions in return.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good way to get a bunch of grad students to learn about PF and get more knoweldge base around here.

This comic strip is hilarious! I have been reading it for some time now, so having them posted on PF will really streamline my web browsing!

G01 said:
This comic strip is hilarious! I have been reading it for some time now, so having them posted on PF will really streamline my web browsing!

:rofl: That sounds like material for another one...streamlining web browsing.

That's wonderful! I love PhD comics!

Great idea, Greg.

Very nice, great comic!

Moonbear said:
:rofl: That sounds like material for another one...streamlining web browsing.
Something I heard to today - "The internet is meant to be fast."

Test post + congrats to Greg on the scoop!

Could the strips be titled with all dates having two digits (06/09/2008 vs 06/9/2008)? That way if people sort by thread tite, the PhD strips would conveniently be sorted by date.

mbrmbrg said:
Could the strips be titled with all dates having two digits (06/09/2008 vs 06/9/2008)? That way if people sort by thread tite, the PhD strips would conveniently be sorted by date.

It's fed by an RSS feed, so no, sorry :)

Very nice combination.

Thanks.

I don't even get some of them!

This is pretty cool. I love PHD Comics!

What is the new partnership between PhD Comics and PF?

The new partnership between PhD Comics and PF (Piled Higher and Deeper) is a collaboration between the popular webcomic and the scientific publishing company. This partnership will bring together the humorous and relatable world of PhD Comics with the academic and scientific community of PF.

How will this partnership benefit the scientific community?

This partnership will provide a unique platform for scientists to connect and engage with each other in a fun and relatable way. It will also bring attention to important topics in academia and research through the humorous lens of PhD Comics. Additionally, PF will have access to a wider audience through the large following of PhD Comics.

Will this partnership affect the content of PhD Comics or PF?

No, the content of both PhD Comics and PF will remain the same. However, there may be some collaborations and crossovers between the two platforms in the future.

Can scientists contribute to the partnership?

Yes, scientists are encouraged to submit their own comics or ideas to be featured on the partnership platform. This is a great way to share their research and experiences with a larger audience in a fun and creative way.

Are there any plans for events or collaborations in the future?

Yes, there are plans for events and collaborations in the future. Keep an eye on the websites and social media pages of PhD Comics and PF for updates and announcements.