1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PhD Engineering vs Physics

1. Apr 26, 2010 #1
    I just wanted to get some feedback. Is it easier to get into a PhD program for Engineering (specifically Electrical Engineering) than to get into a PhD program for Physics? Just general opinions.

I know, for example, my friend applied to Columbia's psychology program (masters) and got in with a 1050 GRE score. Pretty low for columbia eh? Compare that to what you need to get into Columbia's PhD program. Having said that, we can say that it is easier to get into Columbia's psychology masters program than it is to get into Columbia's phd program.

Now, applying the same idea of "easier to get into" for PhD programs in Engineering vs Physics. What's the overall consensus?

Personally I think it's easier to get into Engineering programs than Physics but this is my own opinion and wanted to see if others felt this way too?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted