PhD for autodidacts in Europe

• Admissions
  • Thread starter Avatrin
  • Start date
Hi

I have to combine studies with work. However, due to illness, it seems like I may not be able to finish a normal masters degree (my body reacts really badly to the two-three weeks of exam season while working). While my health is improving, I am also becoming impatient.

How hard is it to get into a good university in the UK or Switzerland without a masters degree? Lets say I decide to promote my skills through YouTube videos or a website... I know this can get you work in the business market, but how about academia?

My health is improving, but I am not sure how long it is going to take. I do have a bachelors degree, but not a masters degree. Will having a digital resume help me get into a good PhD program? Will I have to finish a Masters degree before doing a PhD or is it possible to create a digital resume good enough to get into, lets say, an elite university?

Answers and Replies

Orodruin
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Honestly, I would say that what you suggest is essentially impossible. I cannot suggest that you try this as it will most likely just lead to missed time spent and disappointment.

Likes mcabbage and Vanadium 50