1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PhD in astrophysics in qatar

1. Oct 8, 2014 #1
    I completed my Masters degree in physics from an Indian University. I would like to know more about research opportunities (PhD) in Qatar in the field of astrophysics. Please guide me

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2014 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Do you have reason to believe this even exists?

4. Oct 9, 2014 #3

pasmith

Homework Helper

The University of Qatar's graduate admissions page is here. Note that they do not admit PhD students in physics.

The Hamad bin Khalifa University's graduate admissions page is http://www.hbku.edu.qa/en/DynamicPages/index/139/hbku-admissions [Broken]. Note that they do not have a PhD program.

That appears to exhaust the possibilities. There are various western universities with satellite campuses, but you'd do better to apply to those institutions directly as my impression is that their activities in Qatar are limited to certain subject areas (principally archaeology and arabic studies).

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  5. Oct 9, 2014 #4
    @Vanadium 50 I don't know.. Since my family is shifting there, I was exploring options!!

@pasmith thanks!! :)

6. Oct 9, 2014 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

pasmith made my concerns concrete - Qatar is a tiny country. It has twice as many universities as I thought: two.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook