1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Phd in the USA?

1. Jul 22, 2008 #1

Do all Phd students in the USA get paid to cover for living expenses?

What are the latest dates for applications for Phd in the US each year?
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2008 #2
    All of my friends, here and at other universities and I get tuition waved and stipend.
  4. Jul 22, 2008 #3

Yes, they do cover tuition and give you a stipend - if they don't give you this offer, look elsewhere. Most applications were due in January when I applied a few years ago; some of the lower-ranked state universities (who still have good programs in some fields) will consider applications through April - but I don't know of any that are still accepting applications for this fall. If you apply now, you might have a shot at starting in January.
  5. Jul 23, 2008 #4

What are entry times for a Phd (i.e In which months of the year are entries possible)?

Can anyone provide a list of universities second in line (in the field of maths) to top ones like Princeton, Havard, MIT etc?

Is it harder to get scholarships into private or Public unis?

When you talk about financial assistance, do you mean in the form of teaching like here http://www.math.indiana.edu/programs/graduate/financial.phtml
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?