1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Admissions PhD Interview DAMPT

1. Jun 3, 2017 #1
    I am applying for a PhD possition at DAMPT, Cambridge University.
    How many interviews are there? And for the academic one, with the possible supervisor, does he test your knowledge? Which are the most common questions?

I have a strong research, very good letters, a good motivational letter but not stellar grades.

Any suggestion? Thank you,

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2017 #2
    Grades not matters.they don't even see them.your research and knowledge in physics counts.

4. Jun 4, 2017 #3
    I don't know much about the interview procedure but if my memory serves me right I believe that most (if not all) of their applicants come from the Part III which works as a screening mechanism for the PhD. Therefore, you'll probably need to achieve distinction at the Part III exams.

5. Jun 4, 2017 #4
    Have you direct/indirect experience?

I know. But I come from a strong master course(not only part III exists...), from a european country, and one of the supervisors is interested in me. I think this counts something.

6. Jun 4, 2017 #5
    Faith is the main principle of success.
    If you have achieved a good idea in your research field,you can always attract the attention of the counselor.
    Salah 93 's answer:I know about atomic structure and molecular model intuitively.

7. Jun 4, 2017 #6
    Thank you for the encouragment!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted