1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PhD Physics student need help on career planning

1. Sep 19, 2010 #1
    Hi All,

I selected the direct path to PhD instead of doing a MS first, passed the qualifier exams and finished all my graduate courses and now totally into research. This Fall, I just started my 3rd year in grad school.My research deals with experimental studies on protein aggregation. These studies can shed light on numerous "protein condensation diereses".
    My background is in Physics and Math, and basically self studying Biochemistry and Biology. I really want to take up a career in research related to Medicine/Health care. What options do I have? Please explain in detail, I would really appreciate it!
    Also, my mentor suggested that I should aim to publish my work in "Physics Review Letters", would this be helpful if I want to apply for research positions related to Medical research?

Thanking in advance.

vnck78

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted