1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Phd positions

1. Jul 21, 2010 #1
    Hello,

I am a new member of forum. Firstly, i want to say thank you everyone who contributed on the forum. i want to do my phd on physics on america or canada. i don t have an TOFEL scores for now,but i belive,i will have a score soon. Can i find a scholarship on there before long.Which schools do you recommed for me on there (or another country).

Thanks a lot

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2010 #2

eri

It's very common to get funded (tuition waiver and stipend) for a PhD in the US - so common that I'd say don't accept an offer that doesn't include it. We've got more than 100 schools offering a PhD in physics - we need more information to help you choose one to apply to, like what are your grades, how much research experience do you have, and what field are you interested in.

4. Jul 21, 2010 #3
    thank u eri

my research area is experimantel nuclear physics. i did my master thesis about gamma rays and have a few Scientific activities about my area. However i can work another research areas

5. Jul 22, 2010 #4
    Hello guys! Pls is it possible for one to go for PhD in solar energy after MSc in nuclear and radiation physics? Thanks.

6. Jul 22, 2010 #5
    Hi Erenphysics. If you're interested in experimental nuclear physics, I'm guessing the way to go is to find a school with a research group that's involved in RHIC (Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider). RHIC is based at Brookhaven National Lab in New York, and is currently doing research on the quark-gluon plasma and other related stuff. No matter where you go, you'll likely take classes for two or three years, and then get sent out to RHIC. There's a nuclear group at my department, and all of the experimental students get sent there during the summers, and sometimes during the school year too. Therefore it makes sense to just go ahead and apply to places that are geographically close. Stony Brook might be a good place to apply.

Innocentaj, I do't know anything about solar energy. Sorry I can't help.

7. Jul 22, 2010 #6
    Thanks for your useful informations

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook