1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pheasant shooting season

1. Oct 9, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I was taking a short cut through the woods when some one shouts, Oi stop there, well no one ever does stop so i ran , i forgot it was pheasant shooting season, i found a good place to lay low for a while then snuck out and onto the bridal path, feeling chuffed i was minding my own business when two guys on quad bikes stopped me, they had the cheek to suggest i had been trespassing, we prosecute trespassers one said, so you should i said, a few more things were said and i waved them a cheery goodbye, when i reached my destination, i found i had bust my camera, so i walked about 8 miles for nothing :grumpy:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2008 #2
    Re: Nabbed

Well...that's too bad.

4. Oct 9, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Oh no, you broke your camera?

5. Oct 9, 2008 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Yes, brand new it was and i could not get it to focus.

6. Oct 9, 2008 #5

~christina~

Gold Member

I think that's a run on sentence gone overboard. I read half and then I got lost.

Just how damaged is your camera?

7. Oct 9, 2008 #6

wolram

Gold Member

That is normal for my threads, any one that can understand them must be a genius.

As for the camera, it focused when i tried it out of the box, but not now.

8. Oct 9, 2008 #7

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Just be glad that they were not two country folk with a great interest in .... well .... you. Similar to that movie that took place in Georgia.

9. Oct 9, 2008 #8

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Send it back to the manufacturer, they might be able to fix the problem.

10. Oct 9, 2008 #9

Evo

It might be cheaper to see if a local camera shop can take a look at it. If the damage isn't covered under warranty, it could cost a fortune and take forever to go through the manufacturer.

11. Oct 9, 2008 #10

~christina~

Gold Member

Actually, your normal threads, usualy have more than one period in them. :wink:

Hm..sometimes it's cheaper to just get a new camera than to just repair it in a store.
    Depends on what type of camera it is.

12. Oct 9, 2008 #11

wolram

Gold Member

Country folk around here are a bit dull, they have to worry about things like water bills, i doubt if any of them would have the time to be interested in my life.

13. Oct 9, 2008 #12

wolram

Gold Member

Shoot did i miss some periods?

14. Oct 9, 2008 #13

That's indeed sad, Wolram. Not an easy way to solve that. Remember that camera's are like eggs, to be handled with care. When walking they should be in a sort of shock proof case.

I'm afraid that Christina is right.

15. Oct 9, 2008 #14

Evo

That's what a camera shop should be able to tell him by looking at it.

If it's a minor repair, it would be worth it on a new camera that cost hundreds of dollars.

16. Oct 9, 2008 #15

wolram

Gold Member

It is a KodaK one and brand spanking new, for sure they should be able to take a few knocks,
    hells bells i would be poor if i had to buy a new one every time i took a walk.

17. Oct 9, 2008 #16

wolram

Gold Member

I took my old one to bits and could have fixed it my self if i had a microscope, the switch that was faulty was the size of a microbe, these things are wonderful till they go wrong.

18. Oct 9, 2008 #17

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Did you spy any plump pheasants out there?

19. Oct 9, 2008 #18

Is it under warrantee?

20. Oct 9, 2008 #19

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wolram you did not seem to get the point of my last message ... anyways , I have a Kodak. It was ruined after spending a night in my car , just the display , it works anyway.

21. Oct 9, 2008 #20

wolram

Gold Member

Yes there were many, most to fat to even run yet alone fly, if i were a bad guy i could have come away with a sack full, the things are so stupid they do not have the brains to not be cornered.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?