Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pheasant shooting season

1. Oct 9, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I was taking a short cut through the woods when some one shouts, Oi stop there, well no one ever does stop so i ran , i forgot it was pheasant shooting season, i found a good place to lay low for a while then snuck out and onto the bridal path, feeling chuffed i was minding my own business when two guys on quad bikes stopped me, they had the cheek to suggest i had been trespassing, we prosecute trespassers one said, so you should i said, a few more things were said and i waved them a cheery goodbye, when i reached my destination, i found i had bust my camera, so i walked about 8 miles for nothing :grumpy:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2008 #2
    Re: Nabbed

Well...that's too bad.

4. Oct 9, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Oh no, you broke your camera?

5. Oct 9, 2008 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Yes, brand new it was and i could not get it to focus.

6. Oct 9, 2008 #5

~christina~

Gold Member

I think that's a run on sentence gone overboard. I read half and then I got lost.

Just how damaged is your camera?

7. Oct 9, 2008 #6

wolram

Gold Member

That is normal for my threads, any one that can understand them must be a genius.

As for the camera, it focused when i tried it out of the box, but not now.

8. Oct 9, 2008 #7

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Just be glad that they were not two country folk with a great interest in .... well .... you. Similar to that movie that took place in Georgia.

9. Oct 9, 2008 #8

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Send it back to the manufacturer, they might be able to fix the problem.

10. Oct 9, 2008 #9

Evo

It might be cheaper to see if a local camera shop can take a look at it. If the damage isn't covered under warranty, it could cost a fortune and take forever to go through the manufacturer.

11. Oct 9, 2008 #10

~christina~

Gold Member

Actually, your normal threads, usualy have more than one period in them. :wink:

Hm..sometimes it's cheaper to just get a new camera than to just repair it in a store.
    Depends on what type of camera it is.

12. Oct 9, 2008 #11

wolram

Gold Member

Country folk around here are a bit dull, they have to worry about things like water bills, i doubt if any of them would have the time to be interested in my life.

13. Oct 9, 2008 #12

wolram

Gold Member

Shoot did i miss some periods?

14. Oct 9, 2008 #13

That's indeed sad, Wolram. Not an easy way to solve that. Remember that camera's are like eggs, to be handled with care. When walking they should be in a sort of shock proof case.

I'm afraid that Christina is right.

15. Oct 9, 2008 #14

Evo

That's what a camera shop should be able to tell him by looking at it.

If it's a minor repair, it would be worth it on a new camera that cost hundreds of dollars.

16. Oct 9, 2008 #15

wolram

Gold Member

It is a KodaK one and brand spanking new, for sure they should be able to take a few knocks,
    hells bells i would be poor if i had to buy a new one every time i took a walk.

17. Oct 9, 2008 #16

wolram

Gold Member

I took my old one to bits and could have fixed it my self if i had a microscope, the switch that was faulty was the size of a microbe, these things are wonderful till they go wrong.

18. Oct 9, 2008 #17

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Did you spy any plump pheasants out there?

19. Oct 9, 2008 #18

Is it under warrantee?

20. Oct 9, 2008 #19

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wolram you did not seem to get the point of my last message ... anyways , I have a Kodak. It was ruined after spending a night in my car , just the display , it works anyway.

21. Oct 9, 2008 #20

wolram

Gold Member

Yes there were many, most to fat to even run yet alone fly, if i were a bad guy i could have come away with a sack full, the things are so stupid they do not have the brains to not be cornered.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?