Pheasant shooting season

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
Danger
Gold Member

:rofl:

Ewe are just too much, man.

Ah Wolly, thats very sad news. I hope your able to get it repaired.:cry:

I think that's a run on sentence gone overboard. I read half and then I got lost.
Thats a wolram and brit thing I've noticed. Just another lovable peculiarity about him.

Art

I was taking a short cut through the woods when some one shouts, Oi stop there, well no one ever does stop so i ran , i forgot it was pheasant shooting season, i found a good place to lay low for a while then snuck out and onto the bridal path, feeling chuffed i was minding my own business when two guys on quad bikes stopped me, they had the cheek to suggest i had been trespassing, we prosecute trespassers one said, so you should i said, a few more things were said and i waved them a cheery goodbye, when i reached my destination, i found i had bust my camera, so i walked about 8 miles for nothing :grumpy:
Under UK law trespass is a tort not a crime so you couldn't be prosecuted for it, except under exceptional circumstances, such as;

there has to be 2 or more trespassers and you need to have caused damage / threatened the owner or you have 6 or more vehicles on the land. So next time tell them - politely - to go to hell.

Evo
Mentor

So next time tell them - politely - to go to hell.
And that's when he becomes another pheasant season fatality. :frown:

Art

And that's when he becomes another pheasant season fatality. :frown:
At least as an epitaph on his tombstone he can say 'I had right of way' :smile:

I did some law in college years ago in the UK and I always found the oddities of English law to be the most interesting and thus memorable bits. We had one barrister who was a little wacky and spent a pleasant couple of hours one day telling us the loopholes in the UK drink driving laws; that was pretty interesting too especially for a bunch of 20 year olds :blushing: Unfortunately the contract law I was actually supposed to be learning was pretty dull :uhh:

Last edited by a moderator:
~christina~
Gold Member

Thats a wolram and brit thing I've noticed.
Don't let cristo or Kurdt hear that...:uhh:
Shoot did i miss some periods?
:rofl:
Yes there were many, most to fat to even run yet alone fly, if i were a bad guy i could have come away with a sack full, the things are so stupid they do not have the brains to not be cornered.
:rofl: :rofl:
I think pheasants are colourful feathery things.
I actually looked up pheasant eggs online. They are quite costly. :bugeye:

Art

Originally Posted by wolram View Post

Yes there were many, most to fat to even run yet alone fly, if i were a bad guy i could have come away with a sack full, the things are so stupid they do not have the brains to not be cornered.
Poaching now is a different kettle of fish especially at night as under an 1828 law you can still be sentenced to 7 years transportation to an overseas penal colony, believe it or not. Hope you like Australia :eek: