Did I Accidentally Trespass During Pheasant Shooting Season?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, a person took a shortcut through the woods and ended up being stopped by two men on quad bikes who accused them of trespassing. The person's camera was broken during the journey and they are now considering whether to repair or replace it.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I was taking a short cut through the woods when some one shouts, Oi stop there, well no one ever does stop so i ran , i forgot it was pheasant shooting season, i found a good place to lay low for a while then snuck out and onto the bridal path, feeling chuffed i was minding my own business when two guys on quad bikes stopped me, they had the cheek to suggest i had been trespassing, we prosecute trespassers one said, so you should i said, a few more things were said and i waved them a cheery goodbye, when i reached my destination, i found i had bust my camera, so i walked about 8 miles for nothing :grumpy:

Physics news on Phys.org

Well...that's too bad.

wolram said:
I was taking a short cut through the woods when some one shouts, Oi stop there, well no one ever does stop so i ran , i forgot it was pheasant shooting season, i found a good place to lay low for a while then snuck out and onto the bridal path, feeling chuffed i was minding my own business when two guys on quad bikes stopped me, they had the cheek to suggest i had been trespassing, we prosecute trespassers one said, so you should i said, a few more things were said and i waved them a cheery goodbye, when i reached my destination, i found i had bust my camera, so i walked about 8 miles for nothing :grumpy:
Oh no, you broke your camera?

Evo said:
Oh no, you broke your camera?

Yes, brand new it was and i could not get it to focus.

wolram said:

I think that's a run on sentence gone overboard. I read half and then I got lost.

Just how damaged is your camera?

~christina~ said:
I think that's a run on sentence gone overboard. I read half and then I got lost.

Just how damaged is your camera?

That is normal for my threads, anyone that can understand them must be a genius.

As for the camera, it focused when i tried it out of the box, but not now.

wolram said:

Just be glad that they were not two country folk with a great interest in ... well ... you. Similar to that movie that took place in Georgia.

wolram said:
Yes, brand new it was and i could not get it to focus.
Send it back to the manufacturer, they might be able to fix the problem.

It might be cheaper to see if a local camera shop can take a look at it. If the damage isn't covered under warranty, it could cost a fortune and take forever to go through the manufacturer.

wolram said:
That is normal for my threads, anyone that can understand them must be a genius.
Actually, your normal threads, usualy have more than one period in them. :wink:

As for the camera, it focused when i tried it out of the box, but not now.
Hm..sometimes it's cheaper to just get a new camera than to just repair it in a store.
Depends on what type of camera it is.

GCT said:
Just be glad that they were not two country folk with a great interest in ... well ... you. Similar to that movie that took place in Georgia.

Country folk around here are a bit dull, they have to worry about things like water bills, i doubt if any of them would have the time to be interested in my life.

~christina~ said:
Actually, your normal threads, usualy have more than one period in them. :wink:

Hm..sometimes it's cheaper to just get a new camera than to just repair it in a store.

Shoot did i miss some periods?

That's indeed sad, Wolram. Not an easy way to solve that. Remember that camera's are like eggs, to be handled with care. When walking they should be in a sort of shock proof case.

I'm afraid that Christina is right.

~christina~ said:
That's what a camera shop should be able to tell him by looking at it.

If it's a minor repair, it would be worth it on a new camera that cost hundreds of dollars.

Andre said:
That's indeed sad, Wolram. Not an easy way to solve that. Remember that camera's are like eggs, to be handled with care. When walking they should be in a sort of shock proof case.

I'm afraid that Christina is right.

It is a KodaK one and brand spanking new, for sure they should be able to take a few knocks,
hells bells i would be poor if i had to buy a new one every time i took a walk.

Evo said:
That's what a camera shop should be able to tell him by looking at it.

If it's a minor repair, it would be worth it on a new camera that cost hundreds of dollars.

I took my old one to bits and could have fixed it my self if i had a microscope, the switch that was faulty was the size of a microbe, these things are wonderful till they go wrong.

wolram said:
I was taking a short cut through the woods when some one shouts, Oi stop there, well no one ever does stop so i ran , i forgot it was pheasant shooting season...
Did you spy any plump pheasants out there?

Is it under warrantee?

Wolram you did not seem to get the point of my last message ... anyways , I have a Kodak. It was ruined after spending a night in my car , just the display , it works anyway.

Ouabache said:
Did you spy any plump pheasants out there?

Yes there were many, most to fat to even run yet alone fly, if i were a bad guy i could have come away with a sack full, the things are so stupid they do not have the brains to not be cornered.

GCT said:
Wolram you did not seem to get the point of my last message ... anyways , I have a Kodak. It was ruined after spending a night in my car , just the display , it works anyway.

Sorry GCT, i am a bit knackered, and i am sorry you have a failed camera, poxy things.

edward said:
Sorry to hear about your camera wolram. The newer cameras are pretty fragile.

http://www.firstdigitalrepairs.co.uk/Kodak.html

Thanks edward, i should have stuck to the box brownie, i could chucked that down the stairs and it would still work.

edward said:
Sorry to hear about your camera wolram.

I'm sorry about it too.

wolram said:

Even more sorry to hear that you're pregnant. Any idea who the mother is?

Danger said:
Even more sorry to hear that you're pregnant. Any idea who the mother is?

With my memory? i just hope who ever it was did not have a wool coat.

:rofl:

Ewe are just too much, man.

Ah Wolly, that's very sad news. I hope your able to get it repaired.:cry:

~christina~ said:

Thats a wolram and brit thing I've noticed. Just another lovable peculiarity about him.

wolram said:
Under UK law trespass is a tort not a crime so you couldn't be prosecuted for it, except under exceptional circumstances, such as;

there has to be 2 or more trespassers and you need to have caused damage / threatened the owner or you have 6 or more vehicles on the land. So next time tell them - politely - to go to hell.

Art said:
So next time tell them - politely - to go to hell.
And that's when he becomes another pheasant season fatality. :frown:

Evo said:
And that's when he becomes another pheasant season fatality. :frown:
At least as an epitaph on his tombstone he can say 'I had right of way' :smile:

I did some law in college years ago in the UK and I always found the oddities of English law to be the most interesting and thus memorable bits. We had one barrister who was a little wacky and spent a pleasant couple of hours one day telling us the loopholes in the UK drink driving laws; that was pretty interesting too especially for a bunch of 20 year olds :blushing: Unfortunately the contract law I was actually supposed to be learning was pretty dull :uhh:

Last edited by a moderator:

binzing said:
Thats a wolram and brit thing I've noticed.
Don't let cristo or Kurdt hear that...:uhh:
wolram said:
:rofl:
wolram said:
Yes there were many, most to fat to even run yet alone fly, if i were a bad guy i could have come away with a sack full, the things are so stupid they do not have the brains to not be cornered.
:rofl: :rofl:
I think pheasants are colourful feathery things.
I actually looked up pheasant eggs online. They are quite costly. :bugeye:

Originally Posted by wolram View Post

Poaching now is a different kettle of fish especially at night as under an 1828 law you can still be sentenced to 7 years transportation to an overseas penal colony, believe it or not. Hope you like Australia :eek:

1. What is pheasant shooting season?

Pheasant shooting season is the designated time of year when it is legal to hunt and shoot pheasants. This varies by location, but is typically during the fall and winter months when pheasants are most abundant.

2. How do I know if I accidentally trespassed during pheasant shooting season?

If you are unsure if you have trespassed during pheasant shooting season, it is important to check with local laws and regulations. You can also consult with landowners or hunting guides in the area to ensure you are on public land or have proper permission to hunt on private land.

3. What are the consequences of accidentally trespassing during pheasant shooting season?

The consequences of accidentally trespassing during pheasant shooting season can vary depending on the severity of the offense and local laws. In some cases, it may result in a warning or a fine. In more serious cases, it could lead to revocation of hunting licenses or legal action taken by landowners.

4. Can I still hunt pheasants if I accidentally trespass during pheasant shooting season?

No, it is important to follow all laws and regulations regarding hunting and trespassing. If you accidentally trespass during pheasant shooting season, it is best to leave the area and find a legal hunting location.

5. What can I do to prevent accidentally trespassing during pheasant shooting season?

To prevent accidentally trespassing during pheasant shooting season, it is important to familiarize yourself with local laws and regulations. Always obtain permission from landowners before hunting on private land and pay attention to any posted signs or boundaries. It is also helpful to use a map or GPS to ensure you are within designated hunting areas.