Phi Physics Help: Solving for N

• Thread starter hadi amiri 4
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Phi Physics
In summary, CRGreathouse asked how you prove the contradiction you gave in post 3 and you answered "You can't, it's false. "!
hadi amiri 4
[tex]\foralln\inN\varphi(n)/mid/n[/tex]

Physics news on Phys.org

i made a mistake in writing

I imagine you meant
[tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex] (which is false; [itex]\varphi(3)\!\not\,\,\mid3[/itex])
but I'm not sure what the question is.

how we prove
[tex]
\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n
[/tex]

Last edited by a moderator:

How we prove that?
\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n

how we prove the statement in post 3

[tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex]

hadi amiri 4 said:

You can't, it's false. It only holds for 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, ... = http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A007694 .

Why can’t we derive a contradiction in order to show that it’s false?

roam said:

I gave a contradiction, 3, in my first post.

CRGreathouse said:
I imagine you meant
[tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex] (which is false; [itex]\varphi(3)\!\not\,\,\mid3[/itex])
but I'm not sure what the question is.

hadi amiri 4 said:

CRGreathouse said:
[tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex]

You can't, it's false. It only holds for 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, ... = http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A007694 .

roam said:

CRGreathouse said:
I gave a contradiction, 3, in my first post.
CRGreathouse, he asked how you prove the contradiction you gave in post 3 and you answered "You can't, it's false. "! You were, of course, referring to his original post, not the post you quoted.

roam, you prove the contradiction by doing the arithmetic. What is [itex]\phi(3)[/itex]?

HallsofIvy said:
CRGreathouse, he asked how you prove the contradiction you gave in post 3 and you answered "You can't, it's false. "! You were, of course, referring to his original post, not the post you quoted.

Ah. I took that to mean 'How do we prove the statement "[tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex]" from post #3', rather than 'How do we prove the statement "[tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex] [...] is false" from post #3'. To me, "[tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex]" was the only mathematical statement in post #3; "(which is false[...])" is a nonrestrictive clause. '"[tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex]" is false' would have been a mathematical statement, but one I only implied. That's why I was so confused by post #6.

Of course a contradiction is an easy way to show that [tex]\forall n\in\mathbb{N}\;\varphi(n)\mid n[/tex] fails.

What is Phi Physics?

Phi Physics, also known as the Golden Ratio, is a mathematical concept that describes the relationship between two quantities in which the ratio of the smaller quantity to the larger quantity is the same as the ratio of the larger quantity to the sum of both quantities.

How is Phi Physics used in science?

Phi Physics is used in various fields of science, including biology, art, and architecture. It is believed to be a fundamental principle of aesthetics and has been found in many natural phenomena, such as the branching patterns of trees and the spiral shapes of seashells.

What is the formula for calculating Phi?

The formula for Phi is (1 + √5) / 2. This is also known as the golden ratio or the divine proportion.

How do you solve for N in Phi Physics?

To solve for N in Phi Physics, you can use the following equation: N = φ^n, where φ represents the value of Phi (1.618) and n represents the number of iterations.

What are some real-world applications of Phi Physics?

Phi Physics has been applied in many real-world scenarios, such as in graphic design, where the golden ratio is used to create visually appealing compositions. It is also used in financial markets to identify potential patterns and trends. In addition, Phi has been used in the development of sustainable architecture to create efficient and aesthetically pleasing designs.