Phi Ratio in Physics | G Factor Calculation

In summary, the conversation discusses a web page that suggests a connection between time in Quantum Physics and the golden ratio. The person asking for thoughts on the topic is unable to recreate the results on their own and the other person dismisses the web page as numerology.
HawkI
Hello it's me again, I looked into connections between Pure Mathematics and Physics again and came across this interesting Web Page that proposes time in Quantum Physics may be related to Phi << Dubious Link Deleted by Mentors >> it's not a lot to read and I was wandering what you people think about it.

EDIT: I must admit I've been looking over the web page and I can't yet seem to find how to recreate the results for my self.

EDIT: Oh I think I've got it

gfactore = -2 / sin (Ø)
g factor electron = -2 / sin (1.618)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like numerology to me.

The referenced web page is not a valid source for discussion. Thread closed.

What is the Phi Ratio in Physics?

The Phi Ratio, also known as the Golden Ratio or the Divine Proportion, is a mathematical constant that appears in many natural and man-made systems. It is approximately equal to 1.618 and is often denoted by the Greek letter phi (Φ).

How is the Phi Ratio related to the G Factor in Physics?

In physics, the G Factor is a dimensionless quantity that describes the magnetic moment of a particle. It is calculated using the Phi Ratio in combination with other physical constants. The Phi Ratio is an important factor in determining the precise value of the G Factor for different particles.

What is the significance of the Phi Ratio in Physics?

The Phi Ratio has been observed in various physical phenomena, including the structure of galaxies, the growth patterns of plants, and the proportions of the human body. It is also believed to have aesthetic appeal and has been used in art and architecture for centuries.

How is the Phi Ratio calculated in Physics?

The Phi Ratio can be calculated by dividing a line into two parts such that the ratio of the longer part to the shorter part is equal to the ratio of the sum of the two parts to the longer part. This ratio is approximately equal to 1.618 and can also be derived using the Fibonacci sequence.

What are some practical applications of the Phi Ratio in Physics?

Aside from its significance in natural and man-made systems, the Phi Ratio has also been applied in various fields such as music, psychology, and finance. It has been used to create visually pleasing compositions in art and music, and has been studied for its potential role in human perception and behavior. In finance, the Phi Ratio has been used in technical analysis to identify potential patterns in stock market data.