Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Philosophy Logic Assignment

1. Nov 14, 2004 #1
    I was hesitant to post this thread in this specific forum. Although i do not think it would be appropriate in the more physics-centered Homework Help forum.

I am creating an outline (as well as a précis) for a short 10 minute presentation i have to have finished in a couple of days. The topic is Aristotle's Logic -- although it is a shortened version due to the time limit.

So far i have an introduction to what logic is and why it is important, Primary Rule of logic (law of non-contradiction), and descriptions/examples of Immediate Inference and Syllogistic Reasoning.

My question is: What other important aspects of Aristotle's Logic should i include in this presentation?

And while on the topic, would anyone have an understanding of what this equation means. It should be on the topic of logical assertion.

[tex]\vdash \left( (\vdash p)\rightarrow(p \pmod 2 \equiv 0) \right)[/tex]

Thank you as always.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2004 #2
    ... means :
    [tex] \vdash \left( (\vdash p)\rightarrow 1-no \rightarrow yes [/tex]
    Therefore, left side = yes.
    Now the right side, [tex](p \pmod 2 \equiv 0) \right)[/tex] is valid, since 'mod2' = 0 (mod'even'=0, mod'odd'=1 right?).

Am i correct with this information?

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it has not been answered in many days.

As for,
    I am still open for suggestions.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?