Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Philosophy of Mind forum?

1. Oct 6, 2003 #1

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd like to revisit the suggestion of opening up a Philosophy of Mind forum in the philosophy section. I currently count 6 threads in the philosophy section (mostly in metaphysics & epistemology) that would more properly belong in a philosophy of mind forum. As it stands, if such a section were instituted and the 6 threads were moved into it, it would have more threads than a whopping 13 other subforums on PF. I would expect it to continue to be a popular forum, given the controversial nature of discussions on consciousness and the like. Is this enough yet to warrant a philosophy of mind forum?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2003 #2
    Thanks for the suggestion hypnagogue. We will keep it in mind. (pun intended) :smile:

4. Oct 11, 2003 #3
    Hypnagogue, you are right that many of the threads in the Metaphysics Forum are about philosophies of the mind, however I think it fits rather well in there (I'm not a fan of much further segregation ).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?