Philosophy of Science and Symmetry Question

In summary, Marcus taught his nephew how to solve a problem in Navier-Stokes theory that has applications to general relativity. His uncle disappeared shortly thereafter, and we don't know if his solution works yet.
Zed Redstone
(i am new and posted this in a Discussion area, it probably belongs here as I noticed marcus posts here. moderators, please delete the other message. my apologies)

I am working on a contest question:

I
n a causally connected universe how can one break symmetry if one assumes symmetry at one time was unbroken?

The only way I can get an answer jives with Eric Weinstein's methods using fluid dynamics that involve supersymmetric 42-dimensional extensions of Renate Loll's work mixed with some M-Theory ideas that my uncle discussed with Dr. Sylvester J. Gates who runs the Terrapin UofM String Theory group, he of the Peacock Adinkra, which first showed the topology underlying string theory in a way that mapped to the best internal research of the simulation scientists at the gaming companies.

Now that way seems really complicated, when one could derive the same thing geometrically with a curved coordinate tetrahedral coordinate system instead of the more common Cartesian system. Also, if one uses straight lines in a curved but consistently curved universe that is hyperbolic, one gets discrete jumps from negative one to positive one at the crossings of the arbitrary straight (aka imaginary in a curved universe) lines which define the limits of knowledge in that straight system. That's why the physicists in software in the gaming engine industry use curved logarithmic coordinate systems, so you can't be doing that in theoretical physics... unless none of you have been following up Einstein's work carefully while also following the advances in superconductor and semiconductor materials science. But surely some of the theoreticians are also playing around in the labs with the experimentalists, aren't they? So I ask myself...

But I'm just a kid with smart relatives, so i may be missing something.

I was told I should talk to Marcus here as he's the really smart one John Baez likes to read...

Physics news on Phys.org
Zed Redstone said:
I was told I should talk to Marcus here as he's the really smart one John Baez likes to read...
Marcus passed away last year, a terrible loss for all of us. He was a truly exceptional person, he is missed, he taught me so much.

So sorry to hear... i wanted to meet him in person some day.

My uncle the famous trader said he helped him learn the key to a solution to Navier-Stokes extended to general relativity but the only one who would look at it was John Baez and Sylvester J. Gates of UofM String Theory. My uncle disappeared shortly thereafter so none of us know if his solution works yet... but we all have a renewed interest in maths and experimental physics in the Redstone-Swift family.

As much as anyone, Curtis said Marcus helped.

1. What is the philosophy of science?

The philosophy of science is a branch of philosophy that seeks to understand the nature and methods of science. It explores questions such as what makes something scientific, how scientific knowledge is acquired, and what the limitations of science are.

2. What is symmetry in science?

Symmetry in science refers to the idea that certain patterns, structures, or relationships exist in the natural world that can be represented and understood through mathematical or geometrical symmetry. This can include symmetries in physical laws, symmetries in the structure of matter, and symmetries in the outcomes of scientific experiments.

3. How does symmetry play a role in the philosophy of science?

Symmetry plays a significant role in the philosophy of science as it can provide insights into the nature of reality and the methods of scientific inquiry. It can also help scientists identify patterns and relationships in data and make predictions about the natural world.

4. What is the relationship between symmetry and beauty in science?

Some scientists and philosophers have argued that symmetry is closely linked to the concept of beauty in science. The idea is that symmetrical patterns and relationships are aesthetically pleasing and may lead scientists to prefer theories or explanations that exhibit symmetry. However, this relationship is still a topic of debate in the philosophy of science.

5. What are some examples of symmetry in science?

Symmetry can be found in various areas of science, such as physics, biology, chemistry, and mathematics. Some examples include the symmetry of the laws of physics, the symmetry of DNA molecules, the symmetry of crystals, and the symmetry of mathematical equations. Symmetry can also be observed in the structure of living organisms, such as the bilateral symmetry of a human face or the radial symmetry of a starfish.