Ready to Play? Photo Association Game

In summary, the conversation was about the importance of communication in relationships. The participants discussed how effective communication can help resolve conflicts and strengthen the bond between individuals. They also mentioned the need for active listening and being open and honest in communication. Overall, the conversation emphasized the role of communication in maintaining healthy and strong relationships.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Hey Everyone,

Let's start a photo association game. Very much similar to word association game, we use a photo that have some connecting theme with the previous photo. We should try to carry this for a long as possible. If it comes to a dead end, we can start another stream of association. Anyone can participate, and don't worry too much about the quality of the shot.

To minimize disruption of the page formatting, please try to have your photos no longer than 800x600 pixels.

Since I suggested it, I'll start. You can use either the sun, the clouds, sunrise/sunset, blue sky, the color blue, the color yellow/orange, etc. as the theme you associate with in the photo that follows this one.

img2899k.jpg

Have fun!

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have no clue what this game is about, but, I'll play!

pf_gitmo.jpg

Edit: Tail of an A-6 Intruder on the flight deck of the USS Saratoga watching the sun rise over Guantanamo Bay Cuba. circa 1979. 110 film!

Last edited:
Looks like you do have a clue about this game.

Zz.

Sadly, I don't have any good picture of a tail (which was my first association), but at least I can switch to the Moon:

IMG_1983.jpg

(I know it is grainy - bear in mind it is shot at ISO 12800, 0.3s without a tripod)

From fuzzy grainy dark water to sharp crystal clear bright water

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/cool-clean.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Falling water.

img9371l.jpg

Zz.

Does it have to be a photo we took ourselves?

lisab said:
Does it have to be a photo we took ourselves?

Preferably, but not necessary in the sense that it could be something your family member or your friends took. What you cannot do is use some pictures that you found on the 'net, or something you do not have permission to use.

Zz.

marzena_kapl.jpg

Association: dynamic range

That's an excellent picture because it has details everywhere from the deepest shadow to the brightest light despite the large dynamic range, nothing is under- or over exposed. HDR?

This is not (real) HDR (it's from a single picture) but still the same level of detail everywhere in a very high contrast situation (directly into the slighty masked early morning sun):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/not-hdr.jpg [Broken]

I don't know how to prepare HDR picture :smile:

Borek does.

But it is not his picture.

A young lady, dressed in white, quietly checking out the scenery.

lucygoesforawalk.jpg

A body of water.

img3643i.jpg

Zz.

My association: monumental building upside down.

marzena_upside_down.jpg

A helicopter upside down is also unusual

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/upside-down.jpg [Broken]

Or seen from the top:

IMG_1729.jpg

My association - wing

marzena_wing.jpg

Bird

IMG_5814.jpg

Zz.

eggs

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/eggs.jpg [Broken]

Nest on the tree

marzena_nest.jpg

ZapperZ said:
Hey Everyone,

Let's start a photo association game.

This is awesome. Thanks Zz.

A common procedure before nesting:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/before-nesting.jpg [Broken]

Yes it's the same girl, this is what she was dreaming about in the first picture of her.

She rocks!
2ms3beo.jpg

Tunnel cut in rock.

marzena_tunnel.jpg

And out of the (same) tunnel:

tunnels_kabal01.jpg

Naturally framed subject, like the foreground frames the background here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/naturally-framed.jpg [Broken]

Plant can frame the building, or creep inside (in which case it becomes framed by a building):

IMG_1900.jpg

Hey Borek, I can't really see well. Are there some huge spider's webs over the glass in your last photo?

Yes.

marzena_old.jpg

Forest dweller

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/forestdweller.jpg [Broken]

Finally we got to the kittens :smile:

Cat food.

chickadee4.jpg

Bird house.

img6341mr.jpg

Zz.

<h2>1. What is "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game"?</h2><p>"Ready to Play? Photo Association Game" is a game that challenges players to use their creativity and imagination to come up with associations between photos. It is designed to be a fun and engaging way to exercise the brain and improve critical thinking skills.</p><h2>2. How do you play "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game"?</h2><p>The game is played by first choosing a photo from a deck of cards and showing it to all players. Each player then has to come up with an association or connection between the photo and a word, phrase, or concept. The player with the most creative or interesting association wins that round.</p><h2>3. Is "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game" suitable for all ages?</h2><p>Yes, "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game" is suitable for all ages. It can be adjusted to be more challenging for adults or simplified for younger players. It is a great game for family game nights or to play with friends of all ages.</p><h2>4. How many players can play "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game"?</h2><p>The game can be played with 2 or more players. There is no limit to the number of players, but it is recommended to have at least 3 players for a more engaging and competitive game.</p><h2>5. What are the benefits of playing "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game"?</h2><p>Playing "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game" can help improve critical thinking skills, creativity, and problem-solving abilities. It can also be a fun way to learn new words and expand vocabulary. Additionally, playing the game with others can improve social skills and promote teamwork and communication.</p>

1. What is "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game"?

"Ready to Play? Photo Association Game" is a game that challenges players to use their creativity and imagination to come up with associations between photos. It is designed to be a fun and engaging way to exercise the brain and improve critical thinking skills.

2. How do you play "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game"?

The game is played by first choosing a photo from a deck of cards and showing it to all players. Each player then has to come up with an association or connection between the photo and a word, phrase, or concept. The player with the most creative or interesting association wins that round.

3. Is "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game" is suitable for all ages. It can be adjusted to be more challenging for adults or simplified for younger players. It is a great game for family game nights or to play with friends of all ages.

4. How many players can play "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game"?

The game can be played with 2 or more players. There is no limit to the number of players, but it is recommended to have at least 3 players for a more engaging and competitive game.

5. What are the benefits of playing "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game"?

Playing "Ready to Play? Photo Association Game" can help improve critical thinking skills, creativity, and problem-solving abilities. It can also be a fun way to learn new words and expand vocabulary. Additionally, playing the game with others can improve social skills and promote teamwork and communication.