Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Photo Contests

1. May 25, 2006 #1
    Dear Friends,

Lately, i noticed a lot of Photo Contests appearing as a sticky in the GD forum. Now, if one looks at the number of views and the number of participants, i really wonder why these threads have to be stickies. I don't think they merit such "status" since only very few people actually care about the content. We have had quizzes in this forum that had much more participants yet they were never stickies.

Sometimes, but this is a question for the admins, i wonder whether this useless uploading of photo's does not slow down the forum. Is all of this really necessary ?

regards
    marlon

2. jcsd
  3. May 26, 2006 #2
    The images are not hosted by PF but by third-party servers like Imageshack - it's not our bandwith being wasted. The threads are presumably stickied because they must last several days, since they require PF'ers actually going out into the real world and finding objects to photograph. Participation is very high at this time - 15 entries and >30 voters.

4. May 27, 2006 #3
    Ohh ok, i did not know that.

marlon

5. May 27, 2006 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Speaking of the quizzes, when are you going to create another one? You and gokul used to come up with some great ones.

6. May 27, 2006 #5
    Ha, good idea, i'll try to set up a quizz next week.

regards
    marlon

7. May 27, 2006 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

oooh, I can't wait! :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?