Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Photodiode for soft x-ray

1. Jan 19, 2015 #1
    I have successfully tested my read-out & data acquisition electronics for the Moxtek XPIN-XT Detector. I cooled the PIN diode below -30°C and found an energy resolution better than 300eV (@8keV) up to 50k cts/sec.
    Right now I am looking for diodes for line-shaped beams, i.e. about 14mm x 2 to 3mm active area. In the past there was a Si-PIN detector out (PF2400, also from Moxtek) which could be used for SAXS and XRD experiments, but is not longer available.
    Can anyone help me to find a manufacturer of those PIN or SDD diodes with the above geometry?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Jan 25, 2015 #3

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not sure but you may get some good responses in the High Energy, Nuclear, Particle Physics forum. I'll report this post and see what the mentors think.

5. Jan 25, 2015 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

8 keV is not the typical high-energy range, but let's try.

Would scintillators be an alternative? Or multiple diodes?

6. Jun 17, 2015 #5
    I am not sure if scintillators are an alternative, as we want to achieve an energy resolution of approx. 300eV (to separate Cu Ka from Kb). Multiple diodes are in considaration.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook