1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Photogeraphic memory

1. Aug 24, 2007 #1
    how is it like? :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2007 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

What is the phone number of the house where you grew up? Do you remember it? I remember mine, though it's been 35 years.

I don't think photographic memory is really any different than the rest of us, they just don't have any trouble recalling things.

But that's just MHO.

4. Aug 24, 2007 #3

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I don't think that people with photographic memory really exist. Rather, there are people who have more sophisticated memory techniques.

To test this, you could, for example, generate a screen of characters (80x25=2000) which are all either 1 or 0, and see if anyone can reproduce it. As the numbers become less random i.e. more compressible, you should see people able to remember better.

I remember the phone number of some of the houses that I grew up in. However, I don't remember any of my college telephone numbers.

5. Aug 24, 2007 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

We've already discussed this here. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=147034

I have a link to this paper in that thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?