Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Photon structure - light decyphering

1. May 10, 2003 #1
    Interested on someone furthering information on basic photon structure. Intended for use towards interstellar light decyphering. If any questions, I will gladly answer them.

Million thanks,
    Victor J. Kairé S.
    vjkaires13@hotmail.com

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2003 #2
    Ok, not sure on the nature of your post, but the photon is an elementry structure, so its not made up of anything.

4. May 11, 2003 #3
    There are no "elementary" particles. We call them so because as of today we don't know their structure yet.

All we know they all are a quantum wavebunch interacting with each other certain way. But one day we may learn about their structure whether it is string(s), or state(s) of vacuum, or space-time topology unit(s), etc.

5. May 11, 2003 #4
    You can find some info about the hadronic 'structure' of the photon -- eg what distribution of quarks it tends to switch into via second-order interactions -- by googling 'photon structure functions.' Probably not what you wanted, though.

6. May 12, 2003 #5
    Photon structure

damgo,

Thank you for your reply, I will go googling, see what I find. On probably it is not what I wanted, you never know, one thing may take to another. Again, many thanks.

Sincerely yours,
    Victor J. Kairé S.
    vjkaires13@hotmail.com

7. May 12, 2003 #6
    Photon structure

Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. Is there anyone at the time, that you may know of, that is dealing with investigations on the matter of photon structure, that I may aproach?

Sincerely yours,
    Victor J. Kairé S.
    vjkaires13@hotmail.com

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?