Pursue a PhD in Photonics After BSc (Engg.)

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of pursuing a PhD degree in photonics after completing an undergraduate degree or BSc(Engg.). The speaker mentions that there are ways to do so and suggests using Google to find suitable programs. The other person then shares their background and qualifications, including research skills and publications, and expresses an interest in pursuing higher studies in photonics and becoming a researcher. The conversation concludes with the advice to put in effort and research different universities and programs.
Sayed Asaduzzaman
Is there any way yo pursue Phd degree after completing Undergraduate degree/ BSc(Engg.) in photonics?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, there are such ways. Did you try to use google to find suitable phd programs?

Dear
Thank you for reply. actually I am from Bangladesh and recently completed my BSc(Engg) in Information Technology. My position in the class is 6th out of 45 students. As my result is not very high but good. But i have a good research skills. I have 2 springer papers 1 Elsevier accepted paper and about 9 IEEE conference papers. I have best paper awards too. Recently i got travel scholarship from Spie for attending photonics asia. Now i want to pursue my higher study like Masters/Phd in photonics and want to be a researcher in future. I want some suggestions

Threads like these never generate any useful suggestions for the original poster. You'll need to put in some work yourself. Try googling different universities and research programs.

Likes DrSteve

What is photonics?

Photonics is the science and technology of generating, controlling, and detecting photons, which are particles of light. It involves the use of light and other forms of electromagnetic radiation to create, manipulate, and transmit information and energy.

What is a PhD in photonics?

A PhD in photonics is a research-based degree that focuses on the study of light and its interactions with matter. It involves advanced coursework and original research in areas such as optics, lasers, and fiber optics, with the goal of advancing scientific knowledge and developing new technologies.

What are the benefits of pursuing a PhD in photonics?

Some of the benefits of pursuing a PhD in photonics include the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in a rapidly advancing field, the chance to work with state-of-the-art equipment and technologies, and the potential for career advancement in industries such as telecommunications, healthcare, and renewable energy.

What are the prerequisites for a PhD in photonics?

Requirements for a PhD in photonics may vary depending on the university and program, but generally, applicants should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field such as engineering, physics, or mathematics. Strong background knowledge in optics and photonics is also recommended.

What career opportunities are available with a PhD in photonics?

Graduates with a PhD in photonics can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, biotechnology, aerospace, and defense. They may also find opportunities in research and development, academia, and government agencies. Some specific job titles may include photonics engineer, research scientist, or university professor.