1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Photonics source?

1. Feb 3, 2010 #1
    Hi, I am an undergraduate student in computer science and is currently studying physics, specifically photonics. I was just wondering if somebody here could advice me some good links about this subject since the course litterature is not instructional at all and very difficult to understand. Yeah, I know how to use google but just in case somebody could help me in order for me to not being in need to search the stuff :). Thanks in advance!
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2010 #2
    sry cant say anything but "wikipedia"
  4. Feb 5, 2010 #3

Claude Bile

Science Advisor

The best online resources are hosted by companies that make/sell photonics related products.

Some companies I can recall off the top of my head; Thor Labs (general), Renishaw (Raman spectroscopy/microscopy), Oz-optics (fibre-optics), Olympus (Microscopy), Schott (glass), Kigre (more glass), Spectra Physics (Lasers), Melles Griot (general optics).

Good Luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook